Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybunny11

Reaction score
Well, I own a 6 month old French Angora/Mini Rex mix (accidental litter). Anyway his name is Twinkie and he lived in my room until he was about 5 months old. All his litter mates were adopted out but I couldnt bare to let him go ;)I moved him outside completly (not into my rabbitry shed) he has a huge hutch by house. He lived out there for about2 weeks and I started letting him run around the yard during the day( Ace has almost free range of the yard, usually but Twinkie and him now switch on and off.). My dog and Twinkie had gotten into little squabbles in my room before and a couple outside (I never saw the outside ones I just heard the rukus). So I was training my dog one day when she snapped at Twinkie, he took off running, keep in mind Twinkie is a5 pound bunny and my dog is only 6 pounds. Twinkie ran did a loop came straight back at her. He rammed right into her side under to her belly and tried to bite her. I picked my dog up and Twinkie ran off. That was odd to me, he was just always my lil' lovely bunny. He never bit or showed any signs of aggresion that I saw before. I figured he was scared and it was a fluke, well the next day I was out training her again when unprovoked Twinkie did the same thing, this time a little meaner. Then today I had Twinkie in my run (he never goes in there but I wanted to train my dog in peace. I have a dog crate in the pen, this is just incase the rabbit wants to go into a smaller space and chillax or sleep. Twinkie jumped ontop of it and jumped out. I didnt bother putting him back in since I was almost done training Pheobie and he was off in the yard. He walked near me I told pheobie "Lets go inside" she began to walk for the door and Twinkie went ballistic. He charged her and managed to actually bit her on the side (not breaking skin thank god) I fast picked Pheobie up who is now growling and trying to bite Twinkie (in defense) and Twinkie ran circles around me. I reached down to calm him down and I touched him and he leaped up and tried to bite my hand. Then he bit my foot (breaking skin!) and I just went inside. I went out a few minutes later when he calmed down and put him in his cage. Sorry for the length of this post. What is wrong with Twinkie? He has never acted this way before! Its only when my dog comes around too:?

my foster bun max had the same habbit and he wasnt fixed, just instead of it being a dog that he had an issue with it was with Dante, my official rabbit. at 6 months their hormones kick in hard core, and will cause them to be a lot more territorial and such. it can also be his personality, that he's just not suited to get along with dogs. the new zeland i had as a kid went after my boxer dog and my tort cat lol, it was interesting...

fixing would help, though there is the rare case where it doesn't, but about 9 times out of 10 it does. thankfully its cheaper to get a male neutered then a female spayed

No, its not okay when my dog snaps at my rabbit, she has never bitten another animal but I still discipline her when she does snap, at anything! But unlike my dog Twinkie goes crazy, my dog doesnt snap for no reason too and Twinkie bit me (not an okay). I have decided to get him neutered, you guys make a point I guess its probably just his hormones. Its weird though because none of my other bucks have ever acted this way.

Latest posts

Back