Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foofoosmom1

Reaction score
My co-worker found these babies and said thattheir mommy has not been around. She knows nothing aboutrabbits and wants to know if I'm interested. Some of you mayalready know that I'm have my own rabbits - one died last week - but Ican't take any more. Is this a domestic or wildrabbit? What should I tell my co-worker to do? I'm in a panic.

I can't get the pic to show

what if she gives them to the humane society. I know people buy young animals from there very fast.
There is a line up for little kittens.

If they're wild, the best thing for you to do isto return them to the wild. The doe won't stay near the nest becausethat would show predators where they are. She'll come back and feedthem in the morning. She'll usually feed them once a day in themorning, sometimes twice a day. You can usually always depend on theearly morning feeding.

You can check on them by going outside in the morning and seeing ifthey have warm and round bellies. If they don't, call the wildliferehabber. It's very hard to keep wild rabbits alive on your own,besides being illegal, they'll get better care at the rehabber and havea chance.

The mother won't ignore them if they have your scent on them. They're not like birds in that sense.

If their eyes are open, they're probably just about ready to ventureout on their own. If their eyes are closed, they need their mother'smilk. In the pinch, some whole milk or KMR with a bit of cream woulddo, but overfeeding them could kill them, so you have to know whatyou're doing. You could also try goat's milk.

It depends on the stage in their development.

Treatment would be the same as to the KMR, etc., whether they're wild or domestic.

-Carolyn

Thanks, Carolyn. I told my friend toput them back in the hole. She is going to give me updates ontheir progress. They are so cute. I do really thinkthey are wild rabbits.

Latest posts

Back