Help?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikoli

Reaction score
I own an outdoor rabbit named Ollie. He's aunneutered male lop, and he's only around 7-8 months old. Anyway,recently I got sick with the flu, and I was stuck indoors for about aweek. I got my mother to feed Ollie, and I went outside and pet him andsat with him in his cage for about 15 mintues a day, but I didn't havetime to really spend time with him for take him out for excercise oranything. Anyway, now I'm better, and I'm going outside every day as Iusually did to take him out for runs and stuff, and get him back ontohis jump training (I train him to do rabbit hopping). He seems willingenough, but he's very hesitant around me now. We used to be like bestfriends, and we'd run together and stuff, and now he sort of watches mefrom a distance while I call him to me. I'm not acting any differentfrom before, and he'll still let me put on his harness and he'll stilljump and stuff, but he just seems a bit nervous around me. Will this goaway as I spend more time with him? It's not a major problem, but Idon't want my bun to be scared of me. :shock:

Thanks!
Rach & Ollz :D

Hmm..he might just be a little bit angry with you for not being able to spend time with him this past week.

Have you tried a few extra greens or treats to win his affection back?I would make sure to spend extra time with him to let him know he cantrust you.

Also, have you ever considered bringing him in to be a house bunny? Itsso much easier, if you can, because then if something happens (like yougetting sick) he's right there with you. Rabbits also make greatsnuggle bunnies when you're sick, in my experience ;-)

Hope you can win back the love of your little man!

-Haley and buns

It will probably get better in time, but I agreewith trying to move him indoors. It takes a lot of time tokeep an outdoor rabbit socialized, while an indoor rabbit is surroundedby human life and won't feel so alone.

Do you have a run for him? Maybe you could just sit in itwith him and let him get used to you being there. That's whatmy rabbits like, and they take it as a form of apology if they're madat me.;)

I keep my rabbits outside so I know how hard itis spending time with them!;)I go out several times a day tosee my rabbits, I go into their run and pet them, play with them andgive them attention. I also spend about 2 hours minimum on a eveningsitting in their run with them, however I do keep two sisters togetherso they don't get lonely, so you may have to spend a bit more time withOllie than I do with my girls.

He might just be a bit annoyed with you for not giving him his usualammount of attention when you were ill, you could try spending extratime with him, giving him a few of his favourite treats and some extraattention and nose rubs. I'm sure he'll feel like his normal selfsoon!:D

Latest posts

Back