HELP! zit on lower eyelid!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tutu

Reaction score
I noticed a little zit or stye like thing on my bunny tutu's lower eyelid. I attached a picture here, hopefully it can be viewed successfully. Any advice is appreicated! I just don't wanna rush to the vet, but will if it's necessary or an emergency. I hope it's not something serious. Thanks!:bigtears:

DSC01105.jpg

We had a bun get one of those, it's just a little bump and it's never changed. I would not worry about it unless it gets bigger, his eyes starts getting weepy or any changes like that.

We had a bun get one of those, it's just a little bump and it's never changed. I would not worry about it unless it gets bigger, his eyes starts getting weepy or any changes like that.

Thank you Kipcha. This thing will never disappear?

Serena is on her second one in 6 years--the first one dried up and broke off after a couple of years and she's had the other one for more than 6 months and no discernible problems.

Okay. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks a lot.:mrsthumper:

Idk about bunnies, but in humans if its a stye the advice is to just keep the area clean with warm water and massage it out like if its on the bottom lid then with a finger massage from below the stye upwards, so encouraging the skin there to push out the stye. Not sure if it'll work with bunnies. In humans it might cause eye irritation depending on where it grows coz it rubs on our eyes when we blink but bunnies don't blink that much so maybe it might be an issue. Either way it shouldn't be harmful just cosmetic.

You may train a bunny to do tricks, but a bunny teaches you patience and the fragile beauty of silence.

My boy bunny has one of those on his lower eyelid, too. He has had it since he was 7-8 months old. He's almost 2, now.

Back