Help! Worried Changes in Eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're home!!!! I have them back in their xpen. I purchased some hardware cloth to use as a divider for the xpen so I can better monitor each buns' poop & food/water intake. Also, bought some of the cable ties to attach it to the xpen. Vet gave Hope some Reglan for me to give to her twice daily for the next few days as I monitor her. Please keep her & me in prayer! Thanks everyone!

Sounds good. I went through something like this not long ago too and it may be a little while before she's back to normal, but it sounds like you have a good treatment plan and idea to let the buns see each other. I know that helped my Tony get back to normal. He jumped out of his pen to be with his buddy and I knew he was feeling better.

Thank you for the encouraging words. Glad your bun got better! It has been so scary worrying about Hope (& Faith). I'm still worried about getting the Reglan in Hope & getting her to eat. I tried to give her anything she would eat after I syringed her the Reglan but couldn't entice her with anything so left her to rest & be with Faith. Tomorrow I need to divide their xpen for better monitoring. Almost as soon as we got home from the vet there was some poop in the litter pan unfortunately I don't know who's. I'm still ill & trying to keep myself medicated as well so I will try later this morning after we all get a little rest to divide their xpen. I'm having a time trying to do everything all by myself & being sick myself. Keep me & Hope (& Faith), my bunny girls in prayer. Oh, any suggestions are more than welcome!

Update: Late this evening I finally was able to divide their xpen using the hardware cloth & cable ties. It took me a bit wrestling with getting the hardware cloth unrolled & cooperating with me but I did it or at least it will be okay for a short time. Hope is taking her Reglan well. She still doesn't want to eat for me while I have her out for meds but she did eat a bit of hay right after I put her in the xpen. Thank you all for your good thoughts & prayers for Hope & Faith. They are the bunny loves of my life.

It's a good sign you saw her eating hay! Do you have enough meds for a couple of days of treatment?

It's a good sign you saw her eating hay! Do you have enough meds for a couple of days of treatment?

Yes, our vet gave me a good amount of the Reglan, enough so if Faith developed any signs I could give her the same dose they recommended for Hope. I called yesterday, Friday to give them an update & get their feedback since they are closed on the weekends & the only vet help is our emergency vet clinic. Don't know how many of the emergency vets are experienced or knowledgeable about bunnies, I know there are very few who know birds. That scares me as much as having a sick or injured bird or bunny. Anyway both buns are hanging in there with me. I'm trying to do everything I can to get them back to good health. Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated! I'm so glad I can come to RO & get help through our wonderful, knowledgeable & caring members!

I'm glad everything went alright at the vets and hope that Hope has improved over the weekend!

I'm glad everything went alright at the vets and hope that Hope has improved over the weekend!

Thank you! I'm cautiously optimistic. Both Hope & Faith have some nice poops in their litter pans & have been munching on hay! Hooray! Hope is getting fussy about taking her meds now too! I'm so happy! I want to do everything I can to be sure they are healthy & happy & stay that way!

That's great to hear. It sucks how much disruptions in our routine can affect our pets. We just got back from our honeymoon, and Aria gave me a scare for a couple days after getting back from the petsitter. She's finally eating and pooping okay now, but I know how miserable that feels. It's crazy how much we can love these little animals.

Congratulations on your marriage!!!! May you have many wonderful years together, all three of you! Glad Aria is now eating & pooping well. Yes, my buns & birds are my life.

Hi, Emma!
Sorry I missed your post until now! Thank you for asking about my girls! They are both eating, drinking & pooping so I think things are okay. This has really scared me though so I am trying to be more watchful & do everything I know to keep them healthy. I was so terrified having to leaving them at the vet, most of my past leave a pet at the vet didn't have a positive outcome. Between my hospitalization & theirs both buns seem to be more accepting of petting/cuddling. Hope still prefers to not be petted much but if I need to groom her or pick her up she is much more willing to put up with it. lol I'm hoping I can become a great "pro" bunny mom & have my two become old lady buns! lol They have stolen my heart & I can't imagine my life without them in it! I pray we have many long happy, healthy years together.

How's Aria? She & your new hubby getting along well?

Last edited:
Yep, they're totally adorable together. We both love her. I'm glad your girls are doing better. I totally get the anxiety. My husband has to tell me to calm down pretty often.

That's great! The men I have dated don't seem to be "pet" people. It is mandatory for the people in my life to if not love animals at least accept & respect them as a major part of my life. Glad your hubby loves & understands your bunny relationship & its great that he is there to support you & keep you calm when you have something to give you cause for anxiety. Thanks again for asking about my bunny girls.

Latest posts

Back