Help with new bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynnann

Reaction score
Hello! I have a new 6 week old Holland Lop. She was very thin when I got her, two weeks ago, but now she is doing great and eating like crazy! One problem - she pee's everywhere in her cage. She has not picked a certain spot. She will pee in her litter box too. She is not on wire. She is on vinyl squares with newspaper down. I am using Carefresh litter. She will even pee on me when she is on my lap! I have put some of the spoiled newspaper in her litter box. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It does sound like she might have a UTI. It's hard at that age...they're usually not sure where on earth to go in my experience.

If she's thin or was, it would be good for her to have a check up anyway from stem to stern.

I think she just young & will learn in a few weeks. And the newspaper might lead her to think the whole place is a litter box.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

My Neville at 6 weeks would pee anywhere. And when I took him out he'd pee when he had to pee. Now at 12 weeks, he is trying to hit the litter box even when he's out of the crate. This morning he did pee in litter box, but his butt was hanging over the edge and the pee was on the floor. Bad shot, but he is getting the idea.

They are babies and will learn in time. I would just keep putting the solid newspaper or napkin you use to clean up back in her litterbox. She'll get the hang of it.

K:)

Back