Help with my naughty Honey please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pangster

Reaction score
:? Hi i am new to this forum! My bunny Honey is called Honey and is a little girl!
She is about 5 months old. She is so lovely and adorable, she is a dwaf mixed lion head.

She has been really good for the last 5 months, she has a big woodenhut which i put inside the house rather than outside. She isnow always like to nibble more things and the worst is that she isrunning up the stairs even though she knows she is not allow.But everytime when i let her out and play, she will just run fast upthe stairs and i really dont know how i can stop her? Because upstairshas carpet and i do not want her to go up incase she does her toiletupstairs!
And also she does not like to be hold, pick up or brush her hair! Sheseems to be spoiled! I dont know what to do, please help!!
Thank you

Welcome to the forum!

You should probably put a child gate or other blockade at the bottom ofthe stairs. I've found that my rabbits will take every chancethey can to go someplace they are usually not allowed. Theylike to be naughty.:p

Most rabbits don't like to be picked up. That's more of anissue with you because Honey needs to be groomed more than ashort-haired rabbit. Try holding and grooming her for onlysmall periods of time while giving her treats.

Thank you for you reply. Just cameback from work and let Honey out for a while and i was sitting at thestairs the whole time! Yes i think i might go and buy a child gate forthe stairs! Thanks
Yes sometimes i try to brush her while i give her the treats then shewill just try to get away so quickly! Not enough time to brush herproperly! Then i will try to give her another treat and she is cleverand she wont take the treat because she knows she will get groom haha!I love her though even she is naughty sometimes!

Can i ask you something else too, see when Honey sometimes runs aboutand she will jump and run after, does this mean she is happy becauseshe jump? I thought i saw that somewhere but not sure! But i am happywhen she jumps as i think she is happy!
I will try to post some photos up later on if i can figure out how to post the photos of my Honey Bunny!

Thank you very much for replying and i feel welcome!

Yes, a jumping bunny is a happy bunny. The term"binkie" is usually applie to a rabbit that jumps and twists its headand body in opposite directions. It's much like a child running aroundlaughing. Pretty much the ultimate display of bunny happiness.

Thank you so much! Now i know because my bunnyalways like shaking her head and her body twisting and running at thesame time! But sometimes not including jumping does it mean she isstill happy? I never knew my bunny is this happy, I am soglad now and feel so happy!

She loves to slide about on the floor too haha! Bless her! :D
Thank you for your help!
Its now 0057am in the Uk and i think my bunny should be sleeping soontoo! My bunny is lying flat in her house and i can see her white bellyso cute! I love her!

There's half-binkies which include just a twistof the head, or your bun with lift up it's front paws and shiver. Thefunniest is when they randomly jump in place when you're not expectingit. All these things signify contentment. Consider your bunny happy.

Go slowly, spend a couple of minutes a dayholding her and brushing her. After the session give aspecial treat she really loves but only gets at this time.

Extend each session slowly and make sure to praise =)

Most buns dont like to be held, so you could just try having her sitnext to you as you groom her. Make it a rewarding experience=)

Thank you but it just seems so hard because shewont sit still when she is out of her house! Sometimes she will let metouch her but when i brush her, she will just out away! I really dontknow why she hate to be grommed so much!

I really dont know how to pick her up either though! She still gets nervous i think when i try to get ready to hold her!

But i will try to listen to you and only give her a treat when she letsme touch and brush her! I will let you know what happen!

Latest posts

Back