Help with locating a rescue?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OakRidgeRabbits

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone were familiar enough with PA/NY/NJ/MD/OH rescues to direct me to one who might consider taking in a pasteurella-positive bunny, if any would? I have a rescue case that I have been treating and trying to rehome for 6 months, but I have run out of resources and have still not found a suitable home so I would like some help if there is anyone out there willing. This bunny is running out of time and we need to find him a more capable rescue group to stay with who has the resources to help him out, if possible.

Thank you for any direction you may be able to give me!

PA would be most helpful, and I did find the list of links in this forum. I was just hoping for suggestions of a rescue that would be best for me in particular to contact, maybe even on that an understanding RO member worked at. (Already tried those contact from the links page- e-mails were returned).

Since I breed rabbits also, I need to be really careful about who I contact because not everyone would be as accepting of that. So I'd rather not just send a blanket e-mail to every rescue in PA. But if anyone here or in surrounding states works at/with a rescue that you think would be willing to help, that would be great because this rabbit has until the end of this week to find a good home.

In Columbus, Ohio-the Capital Area Humane Society takes in rabbits but they are a kill shelter and I don't know if they would treat it. They also have a waiting list unless it is an emergency like a stray that has no where to go.

I know that in Columbus, The Columbus House Rabbit Society takes in most of the animals the humane society would put to sleep. The House Rabbit Society has chapters all over the US so you could probably find one closer to you. If you google House Rabbit Society their webpage comes up and then you can click on chapters too see if there is one near you.

does it have to be a rescue? i know some bun people around there ...ur open to anyone who will treat her condition right?..if so i need a pic..

Flash Gordon wrote:
does it have to be a rescue? i know some bun people around there ...ur open to anyone who will treat her condition right?..if so i need a pic..
Nope, doesn't have to be a rescue. Just someone who understands pasteurella and how to treat it, since those who don't understand it tend to treat pasteurella positive bunnies like the plague.:(

I'll PM you a pic and info.

Latest posts

Back