Help with fur mites?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not really complicated at all and the best part is that it's much more economical to use :) (especially for those of us who have multiple critters)

Of course, You as the pet owner needs to be 100% comfortable with the treatment you are using on your pet(s). None of us wants to injure or harm our own pet or anyone elses for that matter.

I cannot figure out why my mini lop, Hunny get mites every so often. She is not an outdoor rabbit. We have an indoor hutch and I let her out to run around the house for a few hours every day until she returns back to the hutch. I also have a Jersey Woolie Ziggy, that is close by her all the time. He never gets mites! I am thinking that maybe she gets it from he Timmothy hay? I have heard that.

Otherwise, I am glad to find out that you can use horse wormer for mites. It gets frustrating taking her in for ivometin shots because of the cost. I don't know if I can get revolution here in the United States. I never see it. Does anybody know where you can get it?

Revolution is available in the United States. But you can only get it as a prescription from a vet.

Since Gus is an indoor/outdoor rabbit, he seems to need to be dosed about every 2-3 months. He's a much happier rabbit for it, I must tell you!

Hope that helps!

Rue

[align=center]I just had to deal with fur mites from rabbits that came home from show, I use both diatomaceous earth and cattle ivermectin the injectable type. I give it to them oral 1 drop per pound. That means .01 ML per pound. The diatomaceous earth I sprinkle on them like a powder and put some in there trays, litter and anyplace else that rabbit is going to be at. It smothers the mites... Its great for fleas and other issues aswell. :)
[/align]

Back