Help with Basic Rabbit knowledge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the website.People wee telling me thatCavies and Bunnies where almost the same so i read almost everything upon to specialize on guinea pigs but now since i got a rabbitlearning more and more each day on the different breeds and othersignificant information.Thanx again for the site :).Does anyone know ofany good books i could get @ Chapters or somewhere.

I've litter trained three rabbits. It'svery easy. If you have any questions, feel free to askme. :)

Don't dispair! My husband and I recently adopteda baby bunny and thought she'd NEVER train. All of a sudden, she nevergoes outside the box. :) Of course, it set our older bun back a bit,but they're both good now.

1. Buy a large enough cage to fit a litter box in.

2. Keep the rabbit in the cage for about a week (or until younotice that he/she is going potty in the litter box).

3. Eventually, you can get rid of the cage and the bunny should know where to go.

Don't expect perfection. Rabbits will leave droppings outsideand around their litter box and cage, sometimes even around thehouse. If you notice that he/she is peeing in the wrong partof the cage, scoop up the poo and put it back in the litterbox. If the bunny is not peeing in the litter box, clean upthe pee with a kleenex and put the kleenex in the litter box.

cavylover-

One book I would definatelyrecommend is The House RabbitHandbook by Marinell Harriman. This is really great, very thorough,but not too long of a read.

I've also heard that the books Why Does My Rabbit...? andRabbits for Dummies are also really good, though I have not hadthe chance to check them out.

~M

I was coming here to post on this same topic...my rabbit is about a year old and was housed outside with no litter boxbefore.He seemed to be going in the right hand corner of hiscage so I put his litter box there, he would promptly shove it out ofthe way, I bought some clips that stick on to the box and clip to thecage, now he can't move the box but he goes in other areas. Is thisnormal? He seems to pee wherever he feels like.

Thanks,
Megan

I use Critter Country plant fiber for litter. You can buy it at Petco.

About peeing all over...be patient. Like I said before,whenever he/she pees outside of the litterbox, clean it up with akleenex and put the kleenex in the litterbox. He/she will getthe point eventually.

Latest posts

Back