help with a new rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nael

Reaction score
hi there:)i would like some help please.I want to get anotherrabbitialready have108 of wich are babys.I am going to keep 1 of the babys and the others have homes when they are old enoughto leav there mum. but the ones i have are gray and witeand the babys are gray i wanted a red one to add some colourbut i dont know what breeds are red and i would like it to be a large breed if any one has any suggestion and pics of any breeds i could getit would be most appreciated

Nael:bunnydance:

i would suggest waiting to get another rabbit untill all the babys are in the right new home (you never know when a person will back out of taking a rabbit).

red is common in mini rex. . .satin. . .mainly those 2 breeds. . .you can find some in standard rex, new zealands, ect. . .but satin has the be the biggest producer of red rabbits. . .

katie

I also suggest waiting until the babies are in new homes. And why not keep a second baby instead?

Also, I highly recommend getting your buns spayed/neutered before you add another rabbit.

Have you checked out the rescues near you? Large rabbits are sometimes hard to rehome because so many people want the tiny dwarf breeds. Plus they often come already spayed/neutered and the personality of an adult is more set than it is in a baby.

Try looking around Rabbit Rehome:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/

Excellent idea, Naturestee! I wanted large breeds for my buns, too, and Flower wound up being just that. Of course, I didn't get Flower from a shelter, I rescued her from a neighbor, and have been pleasantly surprised at her size thus far!

Anyway, I agree with Naturestee...why not just keep another of your babies?

Latest posts

Back