Help with 10 day old kit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumpingBerry

Reaction score
I have a 10 day old kit that had/has some brown stuff coming out of the area where his penis would come out. I got some of it out but I think there's a bit more in there. When pressing down around the area, it is reddish.

Could it be that poop got in there? Or is there another reason for this? How can I help him, or is this nothing to worry about?

Sounds more like a urinary issue. Reddish could be diet but 10 day old would still be mother's milk diet.
I don't have experience with kits so I don't know what is normal at that age.

I've never had this issue. The Mom is supposed to be keeping the kits clean while they nurse. It wouldn't hurt to call a vet for advice.

I've never had this issue. The Mom is supposed to be keeping the kits clean while they nurse. It wouldn't hurt to call a vet for advice.

Thank you for your response. I wish I could say the issue is gone, but it's not. It's almost like mushy poop coming out, and I'm afraid it could clog the opening if dry and not caught in time so the kit may not be able to urinate. The mom does clean them but I have cleaned them up as well (poop).

However, the kit appears to be fine otherwise and is clearly feeding.

Back