help there's another bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!! they are doing better every time I put them together :weee: Thanks for the advice. I know that Trudi could turn on us at any minute .. there are no good emoticons to put right here.... so I am always watchin because I know shes still growing and changing. I dont put them in the living room where their cages are because that is where someone would get territorial if they were gonna get territorial! but I think their 3 week break they had of only being next to each other in the cages did wonders because now they're chill. it is so fun watching them run around together and their different personalities =)

update again! They are now seen grooming each other, sleeping with each other, and they let each other go in each others cages! (their cages are still separated, like I said before Trudi can't be trusted when I am not around haha)but this is great!! Who would believe these are the same bunnies! :big kiss: thanks for all the advice guys!!

Yay!!! I'm so glad and I love the positive stories.

How did you introduce cages for the very first time together? Not a cage switch, but together in the same cage?

they were being so good I just let them in the living room where the cages were open. I gave them more food to distract them and Trudi eats twice as much as JP so after she finished off her bowl she went in JPs cage and ate her food and Jp just sat in there and watched her. (its a split NIC cage) I didn't do anything but let them wander in there together and now they have been out together for most of the last two days and they haven't been possessive at all just running around together where ever they want. The first couple times i put them together after their three week break after the fighting I put them in a new room and I stayed right with them. I had my husband with me so we were ready to grab them but we just stayed with them petting them like crazy telling them we were gonna all be friends, and since then they have been good. what cuties. :)

That is so good. That's kinda how I envision my cage introduction to be too. Just open up the cage and see what happens. I'm not quite there yet but glad to here a positive story :) congrats!

Latest posts

Back