Help! Right eye is rolling up a little

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmerfalen

Reaction score
I don't know what to do, I don't know if I am over reacting..... but I noticed that my Dopey's right eye rolls up a little, like a centimeter or two and you can see the white of his eye (I don't know what part of the eye it's called, but it's outside of his brown eyes). I've never noticed this before and he's been with me for two years. I looked at his left eye and it's not doing it.

He seems to be okay though. He's eating fine, no discharge of any sort, he's running around like normal. But I guess why I'm soooo concerned is that he jumped off of our couch, which is like a foot and a half high from the floor... and I don't know if this caused his eye to be weird. Physically, he's okay no injuries or anything.

Can anyone give any type of advice? What do I do? I am over reacting? Is this normal? Should I be concerned? If this is something, is it permanent? What are the long term effects? Do I need to take him in to the vet? I'm really stressing out.... please help!

Thank you!

Btw, I don't know if this matters.... but Dopey is mini-lop and is neutered.

The white of the eye is called the sclera. I am concerned that it could be an ear infection. Often bunnies' eyes will change position if they have a deep inner ear infection. These infections can affect the vestibular system, which is how the rabbit tells up from down. I would have him seen by a vet soon. The jump doesn't sound like a cause of this unless he landed funny. That's not very high if he landed on his feet.

Hi Tony,

Thank you soooo much for responding, it's good to know this information! I made an appoitment with the vet this morning after no responses... I started to really panic. I'm taking Dopey in after I get off of work. I'm crossing my fingers and praying that he will be okay and hoping that it can be cured.

Back