HELP!!! Rabbits Ate a Muffin!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie.Edison.

Reaction score
So, I have a large trash bag in my closet (I don't have a trash can yet) and I forgot to close my closet doors when I left my house this morning. Because they are free roamed they had access to that bag... and when I came home I saw they were both eating a muffin that was in the trash!! It if a lemon Blueberry muffin, in case the flavor matters. They are still eating and drinking, but should I be concerned or take them to the vet?? Thanks in advance!!

The muffin shouldn't be anything dead-toxic to them as long as they didn't devour a handful. The milk and eggs aren't something that they should consume, but i've seen my living trash chutes eat worse and still get away with it.
After all, house rabbits are known to eat almost anything that is sweet and/or plant based without regard to its effects.
As long as they are eating their hay good and still active, and not showing syumptoms of pain and discomfort, as long as they still produce poop, there wouldn't really be a need to go to the vet. If you feel their bellies get a bit stiff, give some gas drops and stomach massage to see if it will help. It is usually enough to get them back to normal.

The muffin shouldn't be anything dead-toxic to them as long as they didn't devour a handful. The milk and eggs aren't something that they should consume, but i've seen my living trash chutes eat worse and still get away with it.
After all, house rabbits are known to eat almost anything that is sweet and/or plant based without regard to its effects.
As long as they are eating their hay good and still active, and not showing syumptoms of pain and discomfort, as long as they still produce poop, there wouldn't really be a need to go to the vet. If you feel their bellies get a bit stiff, give some gas drops and stomach massage to see if it will help. It is usually enough to get them back to normal.
Thank you for the reply! That makes me feel a lot better! Thanks :)

No problem!
My boys and girl have tried eating crazy things they've no business even trying.
Some things include tea, chocolate, corn, yoghurt, pancakes, sour cream, cake, ice cream and so on.
They've also tasted my foam pillow, carpets, foam insulation from the wall, my clothes and especially bedsheets.
They've survived it all with no more than a minor bout of gas.
Despite their looks and general precautions of rabbits being extremely fragile and sensitive, most of buns can take more than we give them credit for.

Latest posts

Back