HELP rabbit WITH wry neck

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is part of the PM I sent Mimi/LovesRabbits...to get the thread going..

[line]I have dealt with several rabbits that have wry neck. It can be caused by several things and is usually not contagious - but that doesn't mean that what is causing it couldn't be contagious to other bunnies.

Basically - wry neck is a symptom that something else is going on with your rabbit.

Your rabbit COULD have an ear infection going on (sometimes ear mites can cause an ear infection if they're not taken care of).

One of our mods has extensive experience with wry neck in rabbits and here are links to a couple of her threads:

Ringo

Gabriel

Teresa

You will need to get your rabbit to a vet to be checked and see what is causing the wry neck. Do NOT let the vet tell you that your rabbit had to be put down....many rabbits get over this and live for a long time.

I would tell you how I treat my rabbits but the fact is - we don't know what is causing your rabbit's wry neck...that is why you need to see the vet ASAP.

Latest posts

Back