help- possible dewlap problem??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiced77

Reaction score
what is a dewlap supposed to feel like?? myprincess' looks a little weird the past day, and i wanted to knowwhat's normal for a dewlap? i'm watching it, i'm afraid of an absess orsomething. is that possible?

editing to add, i just saw someone's post about her bun's dewlapgetting smaller when she switched to timothy based pellets.. about aweek ago i switched my buns to a mix of timothy and alfalfa pellets andare now on half/half. could this be the reason?she's never liked it to be touched, but we're going to trance her tomake sure it's not hard or hot to the touch

The feel will vary depending on size and elasticity. Any lumps or areas that feel fluid filled may be of concern.

Pam

I just have to say:

We are so blessed to have pamnock and some of the other so knowledgeable people here on this forum.

I know there can be problems with dewlaps, but I didn't know how tocheck for them, or how to advise someone. It's good to knowthere is someone usually around to help.

I surely pray that Princess is fine and she's just changing her appearance for you.

update.. we watched for a day or two, and nochange in it. hubby held her and poked around a bit to makesure there were no lumps, and it just felt like skin to him. so i'mthinking it's probably the change in diet or hormones since she's notfixed yet. which btw, i really need to get done when we can affordit. she keeps humping mr licks and pulling fur out of hisneck! :shock:

Back