Help. Please!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneyBunnys34

Reaction score
I recently the other day, Tuesday I think, got a new rabbit. My doe that I had before is acting extremely aggressive towards her. I dont have any other cages to separate my new bun in so she just gets bullied my old doe. I come outside because I have an outdoor hutch and see my old doe chasing her around trying to what looks like bite her butt. She rips for out of my new does back and also from what I seen trys to bite her face. I dont know what I could do to make her stop acting this way. I dont want her to kill my new doe or harm her. Is there anything I could do to stop this behaviour??? Any help would be greatful!!!!

I've heard that a spray bottle with water will separate them--but will only be temporary. I'd separate and the introduce slowly, and in a neutral environment like a bath tub as the footing is difficult for chasing and fighting.

Absolutely separate them, if you don’t have space you need to go out and buy at least a puppy pen and bring one in. If you leave them, she could kill her. Rabbits are very territorial, particularly females, and you have just introduced a stranger into her territory so she is of course going to be aggressive. Bonding is a very gradual process. You will need to get both bunnies spayed, keep them separate for 6-8 weeks while hormones wear off, then gradually introduce them into a neutral territory (I.e. where neither has been before). Even then , there is no guarantee they will get on.

You need to get them both spayed and separated. The older doe probably feels like you don't like her anymore, so spend lots of time with her. After a few weeks let them see each other, but in different pens. Slowly let them meet, but have a water bottle in hand. I know that some people don't like the water bottle idea, but it works. I had to separate my two kittens and my rabbit with a water bottle. Just like Popsicles said, there is still a chance that they won't get along.

Ok. I'll try. I have to beg my parents to let me get another cage. I really hope in the long run they do end up getting along. Thanks guys for all the help

It doesn't have to be another whole cage. As Popsicles said, you can just get an exercise pen and use it as an extra cage. It will come in handy during bonding as well. This is what a pen looks like:
upload_2018-11-22_12-46-14.png

The rabbits must be separated because, yes indeed, one rabbit can kill another.

Oh. And here's further info on bonding rabbits:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-bunnies.html

Latest posts

Back