HELP!!!! Please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraelizxo

Reaction score
I walked away from peanut for 3 seconds, come back and see that he is chewing & swallowed a button off of my remote!!!! It is a tiny piece. What should I do???? He Isn't acting any different. I said "NO!" Very harsh and put him back in his cage.

Here is the remote. He bit off the one to the right of "Aux" he bit off and ate the very top.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405719948.101063.jpg

Keep an eye on him for 24-48 hours if he stops peeing, pooping or eating get him to the vet ASAP but I think something that small will just pass through.

Pani's Felix did the same thing once, though I'm not sure if he swallowed it or not. Something that small should pass, but I agree just to keep a close eye on his eating and toilet habits :)

If it's any consolation, Bun Jovi chewed every button from my son's remote. EVERY single one of them. She's still kickin. Definitely keep an eye on him for eating and pewping for a bit and keep that remote and all your lappy and phone cords out of hims reach! Bunny teeths...all they need is a nano second.

Hey my first rabbit chewed all the bottom buttons off my VCR Remote, he was fine. The parrot ate the left right up down buttons off my parents old tv remote years back. Poor remotes.
Its a super small piece, and he likely chewed it further once in his mouth. As others have stated keep a close eye, but likely there will not be an issue. Now you can join the destroyed remote club... wonder if the buttons taste good or something....

Agree with what everyone else has already said. Just keep an eye on him and make sure he has plenty of hay to keep his digestion moving along :)

Yeah, I have missing buttons too. They are small and will probably just pass through, don't worry too much about it.

Back