HELP PLEASE!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tohkie

Reaction score
So Lily loves being with people. She looks at me with the most saddest face whenever I go out.

And she does very well with traveling. She doesn't mind the car, as long as there's a litter box and she adjusts extremely well to new houses, situations, etc.

So I was thinking of bringing her to the practice room with me (I play violin) and the practice building is about a 10 minute walk from my apartment.

It's very cold out. I usually just carry her inside my jacket. Is that ok or will she have problems because of the sudden temperature from inside/outside?

I would not take her out in the cold unless it is absolutely necessary. It is a bit too risky for a trip that is not needed.
It would be better to wait until it warms up a bit.

You may also want to expose her to the music before you take her. Rabbits have more sensitive ears than we do. I don't know what would go on at this building, but if there are a lot of people practising, it could be too loud for a rabbit. If it is just you in a smaller room, then it could be better. I would still get her used to the sound of the violin first at home.

I'd wait until it warms up a bit...and I'd also check to see what the punishment is for bringing animals to the practice room!!! A lot of buildings aren't animal-friendly... Not sayin' I wouldn't do it anyway, but...

Were you planning to let her loose in the practice room? That might be a problem. I made a decent carrier, I think, from 6 cake/cookie cooling grids from a dollar store, plus some ties like for nic cages. The bottom's lined with cardboard & all but the top is covered with canvas & it has straps for a backpack. I don't use it in cold weather, but I suppose lots of insulation could be added.

And I'm afraid to say a violin sometimes bothers MY ears, so I suspect they'd bother a rabbit's. I don't suppose violins have mutes, like horns do.

Back