Help please.. runt or peanut?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnymumbum

Reaction score
Hi all. Long story short, I have a continental giant doe and rescued a mini lop from my neighbour.. she said it was a girl, it wasn't, they've now been separated until spaying.
So I now have a litter of 9 baby buns. One of the kits is alarmingly small compared to the rest. Today is day 12 and I'm hand feeding him and putting him on mum to top him up as he isn't keen on being fed by syringe. Mum doesn't mind me doing this, she's a lovely girl

My question is, is he a peanut? Or a runt? And is a peanut possible with all breeds or just 2 dwarf breeds?

Thanks in advance

Photos are of possible peanut
Litter when 2 days old
And larger kit for size comparison
Mum
and dad20230906_111139.jpg20230912_222452.jpg20230827_193503.jpg20230615_124850.jpg
X20230911_102741.jpg

Hi all. Long story short, I have a continental giant doe and rescued a mini lop from my neighbour.. she said it was a girl, it wasn't, they've now been separated until spaying.
So I now have a litter of 9 baby buns. One of the kits is alarmingly small compared to the rest. Today is day 12 and I'm hand feeding him and putting him on mum to top him up as he isn't keen on being fed by syringe. Mum doesn't mind me doing this, she's a lovely girl

My question is, is he a peanut? Or a runt? And is a peanut possible with all breeds or just 2 dwarf breeds?

Thanks in advance

Photos are of possible peanut
Litter when 2 days old
And larger kit for size comparison
Mum
and dadView attachment 65350View attachment 65351View attachment 65352View attachment 65353
XView attachment 65349

Sadly the Runt has just died. Me and the kids have buried him. 😩 I loved that little creature ❤️

Latest posts

Back