Help Please! (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE this morning at 6:41 a.m. pacific time:

Magic has gone pooh this morning! Small poohs; not like his normal ones, but poohs non-the-less.And a good sign! During the night he has eaten all his parsley that was in his dish and nibbled on some hay as well.

He hasn't had any liquids since 9:00 last night :( (Which means he hasn't peed probably) therefore, I'll be staying home from school to day to get more liquids in him and make sure he gets back to eating/drinking normally. So if he hasn't peed couldn't there be another thing wrong with him?

Since he hasn't dranken anything since last night, I'm sure he must be thirsty and he's not drinking from his water bottle at all.

I agve him some more parsley and he's nibbling on that right now. :) And my sister is adding some water to it so if he eats it he'll get some liquids in him :)

Other than eating he's very active and curious about everything that enters the room. And he's curious about how to get out! :D

I'm very happy he's feeling better and I couldn't of done it with out your all's help so Thanks So Much!

:thanks:

:yawn:Emily

first of all he needs to go to a vet
a vet may give him su q fluids to compensate for the length of time he has not had liquids

secondly a sick rabbit oftenwill not use a water bottle . You may need to syringe him fluids or at least give him aheavy crock to drink out of .

keep up feeding him but getting fluidsin is just as important. he will never pass poop if he is becoming dehydrated.

Do you have pedialyte?

angieluv wrote:
first of all he needs to go to a vet
a vet may give him su q fluids to compensate for the length of time he has not had liquids

secondly a sick rabbit oftenwill not use a water bottle . You may need to syringe him fluids or at least give him aheavy crock to drink out of .

keep up feeding him but getting fluidsin is just as important. he will never pass poop if he is becoming dehydrated.

Do you have pedialyte?

Angie, he has gone to bathroom. He is poohing a lot and he is eating wet veggies. I have a crock in his cage and he hasn't dranken from it yet, which is why I am giving him the wet veggies so that he gets liquids. He is doing much better

Just curious, did you read my last post that I made this morning?

No I don't have pedialyte because the pineapple juice is working and he's been eating parsley, apples, banana, pellets and hay, and grass. His appetite is back to normal almost completely. He eats when he's hungry.

If I feel he needs to go to the vet, then yes, I will take him. But as of right now, the vet could only do as much that I'm doing. ;)

ETA: I will try to get some more liquids in him. He seems to be doing fine anyway though. He has an appetite and he's not lethargic at all. He's been poohing a lot and they're back to normal size. I've already had to clean out his ex.pen.

Emily

Small Update:

I was able to get Magic to drink maybe half a cc (if that's possible? at least a little) of pure water from the bottle before he nipped me. I mean he has wet veggies and a dish of water so he can get liquids when he wants. I keep encouraging him to eat some parsley every now and then and he is eating fresh, moist, apples every now and then too.

Emily

Just thought I'd share these pictures of Magic's lunch today! He thought it was delicious, even though I fed it too him at like 11:30 and he still has a few bits of apple left.

Magicfood001.jpg
<<Parsley, banana and apples all sitting in some water and very moist!

Magicfood002.jpg
<<Checking it out! Looks yummy!

Magicfood003.jpg
<<Digging in!

Magicfood004.jpg
:eats:

Magicfood005.jpg
"Moooommm! Let me eat in peace!"

Okay that's it, lol. Anyway, as I type he's stretched out between the wall of his cage and his hay dish and he was happily munching on some hay. We've given him some liquids from his bottle and I saw him touched his water bottle and then swallow/make a chew-ing noise, so I think he may have took a sip from it :)

Aww he'ssleeping now.... So cute. :bed:

Alright, I'll update again later.

ETA: if you keep wondering why I'm editing my posts, I keep finding grammar/spelling errors that drive me insane! lol.

Emily

Update:

Magic started to drink on his own from his water bottle earlier! I'm going to put a water dish in his pen to see if he'll drink more out of that.

We just finished giving him 45cc's of liquids, it was pure water in the 2nd half-bottle, and and pineapple/water in the 1st half-bottle. He drank it pretty easily too :) And then afterwards he went straight for his pellets! :) And now he's running around having fun and occasionally stopping for bites of hay/pellets. He's stretched out in his cage now. I think I'll give him a tummy-massage.

He's already eaten most of his salad that I gave him for dinner around 5:30-ish. He has a few bites of apples left.

Emily

Hi :)

I'm glad that he's doing well.
My response this Am was only based soleyon your first post todaystating that he had not drank any fluids since 9pm the eve before.

As long as he's drinking, pooping and eating now that's great ;)
Good job!

angieluv wrote:
Hi :)

I'm glad that he's doing well.
My response this Am was only based soleyon your first post todaystating that he had not drank any fluids since 9pm the eve before.

As long as he's drinking, pooping and eating now that's great ;)
Good job!

Ok. :)

Yeah he's back to his normal eating habits I'd say. He never usually finishes his hay and this afternoon when I got home from school he'd drank half a large dish of water I'd given him last nightafter we fed him liquids.He has a water bottle and water dish,so he can use whichever.He never usually drinks a lot of water, but he always finishes most of his pellets, so yah, I'd say he's back to his normal eating habits.

He's poohing and peeing too :)

Emily

Hehe Jim. He's doing soo well. He does sleep a lot more now, but he's a tired boy. Being sick probably made him not want to sleep, so now he's catching up. Plus, it's quiet inside, where as in the shed its probably noisey during the day. He's sleeping as I type this. Tonight I'm going to put him on a towel and cuddle with him while I watch tv :)

Emily

Latest posts

Back