Help Please - Laundry Detergent

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

I washed my clothes yesterday and I just put them on and nowI am wheezing and sneezinglike crazy. The smell of the laundry detergent is too strong and since I am so sensitive these days, everything sets me off :(I had a bottle of Mountain Spring scented Tide.

The one that is good for me was the Febreeze Tide... Citrus or Green. Not Lavendar - that may kill me. Lol.

Does anyone know a gooood detergent that doesn't smell strong?

Yeah,a fragrance freewashing powder/detergentwill probably be good for you....i had to use fragrance free washing powder when my boys were younger because they bothhad eczema..they out grew it though....but yeah i think you should try a fragrance free brand.

Cheryl

kirst3buns wrote:
I use ALL - they have one called free and clear that doesn't have scents in it but works great.
i swear by this stuff! scented ones make me beak out in hives. . . i have used this and only this for the past few years. i love it!

That is cool. I didn't even know they had non-scented ones. Lol. Thank you guys for the info, I'll be checking these out :biggrin2:

Everyone has already been helpful and I don't know if I will be or not lol - I buy Arm & Hammer unscented, sensitive skin when I can, but I've only ever been able to buy it in the States, so I'm not sure that's it's in Canada.

I hope you find something that doesn't bother you!

I used to Use Tide and then Tide Free - we can also only use April fresh downey - and I started using Arm & Hammer and we can even use the Mountain Fresh one and it doesn't bug us! I love it and it's like less than 1/2 the cost of Tide.

trailsend wrote:
Everyone has already been helpful and I don't know if I will be or not lol - I buy Arm & Hammer unscented, sensitive skin when I can, but I've only ever been able to buy it in the States, so I'm not sure that's it's in Canada.

I hope you find something that doesn't bother you!

Hey, Soph,

Hubby works in the laundry industry, he says to use either straight Tide or if you have allergies, use Dreft. He says they use it in Nursing Homes, for people with senstive skin. It's a detergent for allergies that is basically used with babies, or he says that Arm and Hammer Unscented is good as well.:)

We have ALOT of allergies in our home. I have found either 7th generation or Mrs. Meyer's are both great. They are totally organic. I get them at either Kroger's, Linens n Things or online depending on the situation.

I use All( frree and clear) and it cleans really well also. I have asthma and any strong scents bother me but when all I have is something with a strong scent I have added white vinegar to the rinse cycle and it really helped delute the strong scent.

Thanks everyone! Most of these brands are brands I never heard of which is why I asked you for help, that way I will keep my eyes open for them :pThe vinegar thing is great when you actually remember :embarrassed:

Latest posts

Back