Help! Peeing through cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssherryy

Reaction score
I've had Leo for almost 2 months now and it went by so smooth. He just got used to only peeing in his litter box in his cage, but he has a very bad habit...
Leo loves to jump on top of his cage and peeing down from there Why does he do this? I've tried putting boxes to block his way up, but then he will try anyways and fall and I'm scared he will hurt himself. And now lately he is pooping on the living room floor when he never did that before!
Do I have to get him neutered?

Could you put a towel or something on top of the cage? That should at least help absorb the pee. Making a solid level to put on top of the cage could also help with both the pee and poop and make it easier on his feet when he does jump up.
Pooping on the living room floor is more marking I think. Rabbits will use poop to mark their territory, this is usually left around the edge of the area. You can try cleaning the area really well (use white vinegar and water in a spray bottle) and keep cleaning. While intact rabbits are more likely to mark the area, altered rabbits will do it as well. Neutering can help, but might not totally stop the behaviour. If you can, have his cage open so he can come and go when he is out. This allows him to use the litter box when he wants.

Latest posts

Back