Help-new bunny owner!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbolar

Reaction score
I am a brand new bunny owner, and I just needsome help knowing how to take good care of my little guy. I had postedlast week about his eating habits, and your answers were all veryhelpful. My dwarf rabbit is estimated to be about 6 weeks old. I havehim in his cage all night, and then during the day I let him have hisown tiny room that's only about 3 by 10 feet. I would love to let himhave free range of the apartment but I'm paranoid because as soon aslet him out, he seems to go straight for everything dangerous. He runsunder our huge pieces of furniture so we can't get him out and chews oneverything. How did you all adapt your bunnies to just being out in thehouse?

My other question is that today he started doing something he's neverdone before that concerned me. He's laying out flat on his stomach withlegs out behind him. And his eyes look half closed. To me it seems likehe's either really relaxed, or not feeling well. I was wondering how bga deal it is that rabbits get out doors. In our apartment complex,there's really no where for him to go but he seemed to perk up a bitwhen I placed his cage in front of the window.

Sorry for so many questions, but i want to do a good job with him and I don't know what I'm doing!

Yes, laying like that means he's content..

I would suggest reading the Top Picks thread at the top of the forums,theres so much good info there its senseless for me to even TRY and getas much in here!!!!

You bet...if you still have ?'s, fire away...but that may clear up alot of things and will help you trememdously!

Back