Help: new baby bunnies,housing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjb

Reaction score
I am getting 2 new female bunnies, they are about 10 weeks old, 2 different litters. Can I house them together or should I only choose one bunny. Thank you!

You can house them together until they are 12 weeks old, that's when they start becoming territorial and will fight and could possibly kill each other. If you want to house them together when they're older then 12 weeks you will have to get them spayed.

You'll want to be *entirely* sure you've got two girls - a few members have had some surprise litters due to mis-sexing! :p

I think you should just choose one bunny, especially if you've never had a rabbit as a pet before. Then wait a while to see what it's like to take care of one and if you want another one later, do bunny dating to find a friend that your bunny gets along with.

I agree with Bville, if you're unsure, just stick with the one. Paying to get two rabbits desexed, and trying to bond them is a big undertaking.

Back