Help Needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumper & Cocoa

Reaction score
Hi I have a Neatherland Dwarf Rabbit thats about 2 1/2 months old and have owned him for about 3 weeks. When I bought him he was the only one left and Iwanted to buy 2 females soI put a hold on a baby that will be8 weeks old on April 24 and ready to be brought home. I was just wondering if I should have any problems putting them into the same cage? The cage is 47" by 22" and also have a 4 foot by 4 foot into door run for them. The one I have is female and the one i'm getting is also going to be female. Please help!!!

Sorry - I'm confused...

The netherland dwarf you already have - is it male or female?

If male, then no, different cages
If female, then I am also leaning toward being prepared to house them seperately and check if they get along together first. Also - even if they get along now, it does not mean they will get along in a couple weeks when the older one starts hitting puberty and may already be territorial about her cage. You really need to be prepared to house them seperately just in case.

________
Nadia

Definatly different cages. Whether the baby you have now is male or female, you don't know that it will get along with the second one you are getting. Also, even experienced breeders can and do make mistakes about a baby rabbit's gender, and it only takes a matter of seconds for them to get pregnant.

Latest posts

Back