Help! Need bunny advice!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicaleigh

Reaction score
I've had my bunny about a year and a half and I love her but she is trouble. She chews on my walls and carpets and it seems like everything I do doesn't work. I give her plenty of other toys but she just doesn't care. View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1420781369.625058.jpgI'm about to get married and start looking for rentals and I really want to keep her but I can't have her ruining a rental! I was thinking that if I get her a friend it might help her not be lonely and help her not be so destructive. Do you guys think that would work? I really need advice

Yes she has and her behavior towards me and other people got better but not towards objects like carpet and furniture and he walls

Rabbits like to chew, some more so than others. I don't think a companion will change that particular behavior. You may have to block off a space or confine her to an area that is a little more bunny proof. Our bunny room has a tile floor with tile for the base but I will still have to replace some trim board on the closet and doors. Our little dog has also done the same for my laundry room--all the trim on both doors and the baseboard too. He's a Great Dane, so not all that little.

Some people say that rubbing a white bar of Dove soap on baseboards and things you don't want chewed will keep bunnies away.

I certainly recommend looking for a rental that has an area without carpet floors that your bunny can live. It was one of the requirements when I was looking because I know that Bandit and carpet do not mix.

Back