Help my rabbit is grinding and chewing on air!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexzendra

Reaction score
OMG I'm so scared right now! i can't take him to vet right now i can only take him to vet when my dad comes home which is like in 2 hours :( My rabbit is lying down grinding his teeth (not all the time like once in 14 or 15 mins) and when she get up she chew on air! I'm so scared what is wrong with my rabbit? She straight up her chin and chew on air! Does she have dental problems?? She's eating but not a whole a lot. :cry2

Grinding their teeth can be done out of comfort or happiness, but if it's louder or more pronounced it can indicate that they're in pain. Is she behaving normally, eating, pooping, etc?

Grinding their teeth can be done out of comfort or happiness, but if it's louder or more pronounced it can indicate that they're in pain. Is she behaving normally, eating, pooping, etc?

It's loud grinding. i can hear it, even tho i'm sitting away from her. she's not eating hard food like carrots or pellets, whenever she tries to eat something hard like a carrot; it takes a long time for her to chew! :/ she's only eating green leafy vegs or soft food. her poop is also smaller in size, she's not pooping alot either. and she chew on air. i just noticed her do it today. She did it once only but i'm still concerned.

Last edited:
It sounds like your bun is in a lot of pain from something. I hope you were able to get him to the vet ok, and that the vet was able to figure out what was wrong and help him. Let us know how he's doing.

It sounds like your bun is in a lot of pain from something. I hope you were able to get him to the vet ok, and that the vet was able to figure out what was wrong and help him. Let us know how he's doing.

I took him to vet they check him and told me to take him back again tomorrow, Tomorrow they're going to check his teeth and trim his nails (his nails were also hurting his hands). They gaved him a injection and he seems fine now. He's started eating again.. :3
Lets Hope he get well soon <3 :)

Latest posts

Back