Help! My Rabbit Ate Monstera

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitzTheBun

Reaction score
I was letting my rabbit run around in the kitchen but accidentally left it open and she got in to the living room. There she ate a small bit (1/2 of an inch) off my monstera plant. I want to know if I should take her to an emergency vet or if I should calm down about it. Help!

I was letting my rabbit run around in the kitchen but accidentally left it open and she got in to the living room. There she ate a small bit (1/2 of an inch) off my monstera plant. I want to know if I should take her to an emergency vet or if I should calm down about it. Help!
According to the "internet" Monstera plant is poisonus to Rabbits however based on the amount you described probably she will be fine. However some suggestions:

-Monitor her for the next 12 hours or so. Watch for any non normal behaviour: not eating, runny poop, not pooping, hiding, inactive, taking up weird poses...
-Or just call the vet and tell them this happened. They can decide over the phone whether it's an emergency or just "monitoring" her will be enough.

Lastly: Have her unlimited amount of hay, and unlimited amount of water.

BTW how many hours have passed since?

About 2. I can't really monitor her though, it'll be 1 am in 2 and a half hours here and I doubt I'll be able to last all night

I guess calling the vet is not an option as well then?
How is she now? Is she just as before?

Either push yourself to stay with her or just go to sleep and maybe set an alarm to check on her in like 3-4 hours?

She is doing great, thank God. She his active, her feces are normal and she's eating well

Thank you for all of your help. I would have had a panic attack without your help I swear

Back