Help my bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosieTheRabbit

Reaction score
I knew bunnies moult but I don't know if this much is normal (I'll up load pics) I found her this morning with all of this fur (and hay) stuffed in her mouth. I pulled most of it out & moved her to her grass cage to clean up the fur then saw more in the grass cage! She's a mini lop & was brushed yesterday AND the day before. Thanks x ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412474088.094302.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

It looks like she's pulling fur to build a nest. Has she been spayed? If not, has she been around any non-snipped bucks? She could be pregnant, or experiencing a 'phantom' pregnancy.

Thanks you! Nope she hasn't been sprayed yet I've been putting it off & nope, no chance she has been near any bucks. She does always sit in that spot though (where she's cleared the hay)

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

She needs to be spayed ASAP my doe did this she has a male friend that is neutered so I fault it would be ok not to get her spayed but she become really territorial and made nest like that so I got her spayed she was 6 months when I got her spayed and I know it's scary but by day 2 she was runny round like a looney and healed really quickly and was back out in her palace after 5 days and is back to normal. Just make sure your vet gives you metcam pain meds after opp for you to give at home iv heard some vets don't give it but it's very important that she comes home with pain meds hope this helps

Haha awe Ivy, I also have a bunny named Ivy she's 6 months old and she's a lionheadImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412511922.031273.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412511959.856881.jpg

Aw cute I have 3 ivy Bailey and tof tof (toffee) ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412527327.703358.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412527342.811459.jpg tof tof is the chocolate brown she is only 8 weeks im planing on bonding her with the other 2 once she is spayed

Guys, this thread is a question about someone's rabbit pulling fur, not 'post your cute bunny pictures' thread. Please keep your posts on topic and related to answering the OP's question. You can share your pictures in threads appropriate for it, or by starting your own thread.

Rosietherabbit, it looks like your doe is going through a false pregnancy. This is normal for unspayed female rabbits, and can sometimes happen every few weeks. To stop it, you would need to get her spayed.

Sorry are you in charge ???? Didn't realise that this was such an up tight forum !!! If you look I did post an appropriate response to Rosie) chill out JBun

I agree that it looks like a phantom pregnancy and nest building behaviour.

Sorry are you in charge ???? Didn't realise that this was such an up tight forum !!! If you look I did post an appropriate response to Rosie) chill out JBun

She is a moderator and it was a reasonable and polite request to keep on the original topic. It can be very difficult for the original poster to find the information they're looking for when they have to filter through unrelated posts in their thread.

Ooooo okay sorry I'm from uk and we are laid back here

Latest posts

Back