Help? Might get another rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalaleyla

Reaction score
So right now I have Boo my rabbit and she is around 3-4 months old and un-spayed. My mom has suggested getting her a friend.

If I did would it be a good idea to get a rabbit around the same age as her? How would I introduce them together? Would I need to get 2 litter boxes?

Any other advice would be helpful.

I would wait until Boo is spayed and then after hormones calm down look for a bunny in the shelter who desperately needs a home. And don't forget, let Boo choose her new friend

^^ Yeah that

Yes, now would be bad timing. She's just about to enter her hormonal period & wouldn't want to be around any other rabbit. If the other rabbit were a female, she would treat her like a rival & if a male, she could get pregnant with just one "meeting".

If you got another rabbit now they'd have to be kept separate for months PLUS there's no guarantee they would bond after both were neutered. So waiting & letting her choose one on a speed date at a shelter is so much better in the long run.

Or, if you think you're ready for THREE rabbits, look for bonded pairs on adoptapet.com or petfinder.com. MAYBE you could bond Boo to them after she's spayed.

Latest posts

Back