Help me name my new bun!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jess_sully wrote:
NorthernAutumn wrote:
b/c Flynn is such an Irish name is there an Irish name on DublinPerky's thread that would suit her?

I would LOVE to find an irish name for her. Most of the ones I found online were too... abstract... for me. They were all spelled WAY differently than how they sounded. What is this thread called?
How about Saoirse (freedom)

Jess_sully wrote:
-Liesel (from Sound of Music)
I'm glad so many other people read the Boxcar Children :D I still have at least 30 of the books... I used to read them with my Grandma Ellen.
Am I the only one who doesn't recall any authors named Jennifer Cruise?

I like Liesel.

I read those too! I loved them.

I like the name Felicity!

I don't like Pollyanna or Tegan, only because I know two people with those names and they aren't nice! Its weird how you associate names with people...

And you can't have Liesel. That's what I want to name my daughter, if I have one!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Sabine wrote
How about Saoirse (freedom)[/quote]
How is this pronounced?

I'm leaning towards Scout, Pollyanna, Liesel, Maisey, and Alice.
I love Scout, but I wanted a more feminine name, since I've never had a female pet before, except for a female budgie named Peekaboo, and the only reason I had her is because I -thought- I was getting a male when I bought her. All of my pets- hamsters, gerbils, bunnies, cats, birds... have always been male.

Jess_sully wrote:
Sabine wrote
How about Saoirse (freedom)

How is this pronounced?

I'm leaning towards Scout, Pollyanna, Liesel, Maisey, and Alice.
I love Scout, but I wanted a more feminine name, since I've never had a female pet before, except for a female budgie named Peekaboo, and the only reason I had her is because I -though- I was getting a male when I bought her.[/quote]

It's pronounced Sear-sha with stress on the first syllable

ou don't want a name that someone's already used, then I've already got a Piper. In fact, she's my newest bunny!

pinksalamander wrote:
I like the name Felicity!

I don't like Pollyanna or Tegan, only because I know two people with those names and they aren't nice! Its weird how you associate names with people...

And you can't have Liesel. That's what I want to name my daughter, if I have one!

I just took Felicity off the list, because I thought it was too long. I do love the name, though. It may make a reappearance ;)
Really?! You want to name your daughter Liesel? It's a beautiful name :inlove: But unless you have a baby in the next three weeks, I jusssstttt may have to steal it. :) I already know what I'm naming my first daughter as well- Ava Ellen, Ava because I adore the name, it's cute for a child and mature/beautiful for an adult, and Ellen after my Grandma Ellen.
It IS strange how we associate names with bad/good people.

I have no idea about name but that bun is the cutest :shock:

:inlove:

Last night, I was lying in bed... trying to think of good names for your rabbit (seriously, couldn't get to sleep... how bizarre is that???)

I figured out the rationale behind almost every single one of the names in your original list: they all have "l" and "y" sounds in them, which matches F "ly"nn's name. That is why you are gravitating towards those names, even if the L isn't prominent, or the "Y" is replaced by an "I", as in alice=alyce, aida = Ayda, etc.

You are subconsciously selecting a name that echoes Flynn's name. Even if the LY is reversed to a YL sound, it would still work.

OOOH DEEP!!! :D

Aw. I feel terrible that thinking of names kept you away from the more important activity (or lack thereof)- sleep.
BUT, you do have a point. Perhaps I should explore this more. I think I'm naturally drawn to names with Y sounds.
Take some past pet names for instance:
Skylar (y)- blue budgie
Trey (y)- grey tabby cat
Milo [MY-lo] (y)- cream gerbil
Kwaibben [Kway-ben] (y)- black gerbil
I also like names with heavy vowel sounds:
Aiden- almost Flynn's name
Peekaboo- green budgie
Smooch- sucker fish
Theodore- mini lop

HMMM.

I'll let you have Liesel, seeing as its my second daughters name (There will be Dolores Jane before that, and if its a boy, Oscar David). I got the idea from a book called The Book Thief, rather than Sound of Music like everyone thinks!

Thankyou! :)
My housemates really like Olivia, Polly, and Liesl. Just realized I was spelling it wrong- Liesel is pronounced (LIE-zell) whereas Liesl, the name that I meant, is pronounced (lee-sil).

Celtic names are so hard to figure out how to pronounce, aren't they? There are some Irish ancestors on my fathers side and buggered if I can figure out how to say their names. They were Scots who moved to Ireland so I think even they had a hard time knowing how anything should have been said :p.

So have you chosen a name? She looks like she's going to be a beautiful rabbit. Will her ears get as long as a traditional english lop? I'm assuming they might be a bit smaller having the rex breed in the genes.

NZminilops wrote:
Celtic names are so hard to figure out how to pronounce, aren't they? There are some Irish ancestors on my fathers side and buggered if I can figure out how to say their names. They were Scots who moved to Ireland so I think even they had a hard time knowing how anything should have been said :p.

So have you chosen a name? She looks like she's going to be a beautiful rabbit. Will her ears get as long as a traditional english lop? I'm assuming they might be a bit smaller having the rex breed in the genes.

Velveteens ears are a little shorter than English Lops, but basically proportional to their bodies (Velveteens are about 4lbs smaller). They still have pretty lonnnnggg ears, though!
I'm still really leaning towards Liesl. And yes, pronunciation is so difficult! Except, of course, Flynn- that's easy enough.

Latest posts

Back