Help Me Find My Milly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one would you choose?

• Girl 1

• Girl 2

• Its too hard to decide

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

PixieMillyMommy

Reaction score
I am soooooooo stuck on these little girls. I dont know what to do. I asked the breeder to bring both, so I can see them in person and everything, but there are others interested in the same does as me, so I need to decide which one to put on hold, so the other can be available for the other inquires. Please help me decide. ;)

Girl 1:

020.jpg

021.jpg

014.jpg

AutumnsLighterDoe-5WeeksOld.jpg

a058.jpg

a075.jpg

Girl 2:

7-22-2007_11.jpg

SarahsDarkDoe.jpg

7-22-2007_10.jpg

7-22-2007_9.jpg

7-22-2007_7.jpg

7-22-2007_8.jpg

Girl 1 Mommy & Daddy:

024.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

Girl 2 Mommy & Daddy:

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

You should ask the breeder about each one's personality, and go from there. Looks are not everything when it comes to pets.

Ask yourself this question....

Would I rather have an ugly bunny that has an amazing personality, or would I rather have a beautiful bunny with a horrible personality?

I pick on personality. I don't know how you can really pick between two cute bunnies... I personally like to get a sense of the personality because there is a specific type of bunny I like... and I have gotten 3 of them based on personality so far.

I'd also like to add that when I went to my breeder's house to look at the bunnies she had available, I chose Marlin or his brother (or sister).

I asked the breeder which baby bun was the friendliest, and she told me that Marlin was a sweetheart and liked to cuddle....and that his brother (or sister) liked to grunt and wasn't as nice as Marlin.

Keep in mind that Marlin and his brother looked exactly alike, so I took her word for it and got Marlin....and I am so happy that I did.

:)

I agree, much better to base it on personality. They are both super adorable, but what bunny isn't! :D. I rather have a bunny I click with than one that's pretty but we don't 'click'.

I guess I would probably say 1 just because the mother has a better mane than girl 2 mom, so it kind of shows me that girl 2 mane might not hold.

I don't want you to be disappointed, but please don't just be wanting a lionhead for it's mane, because it has a good chance that it'll fall out. Pebbles mom had a fantastic mane that was so pretty, and Pebble only has her cute littletuffs. Manes sometimes keep, sometimes they fall out. More to the bunny than just the mane! I really think yuo should focus no personality rather than the mane. The first little one is so cute as well!

I'm confused. I thought you had already picked out your bunny and you were showing us pictures and everything.....did you tell the breeder you've changed your mind?

I haven't voted - I'd probably say "neither" since you're really into wanting a rabbit for its looks instead of for itself. Since that is the case - I'd say go to a shelter and rescue an adult that you know will hopefully keep its mane....since the mane is what is so important to you....

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
I'm confused. I thought you had already picked out your bunny and you were showing us pictures and everything.....did you tell the breeder you've changed your mind?

I haven't voted - I'd probably say "neither" since you're really into wanting a rabbit for its looks instead of for itself. Since that is the case - I'd say go to a shelter and rescue an adult that you know will hopefully keep its mane....since the mane is what is so important to you....

Peg

You dont have to be so mean about it. I just want a little cutie like every other person who is excited to get a new breed. The breeder know I am stuck between a couple.

Let me tell you this....

When I first got Madilyn, my black female Lionhead, she was GORGEOUS. I really wanted her just because she was a Lionhead. I really do love the Lionhead breed, not just because of their looks.

I brought Madilyn home and she was curious, funny, smart, and always made me laugh. I got her spayed about 2 weeks after, bonded her with Mallory about a month later...and now she is a total jerk. She wants nothing to do with me most of the time. She is still a really lovely rabbit, maybe not perfect to the Lionhead standards, but her personality is one that I am not fond of. I still love her deeply though.

Marlin....he is a Lionhead. He is still a baby at 16 weeks old and his mane is just lovely right now. I know that he will probably end up losing most of his "fluff", but I don't care. I still love the little guy.

When I went to Peg's house, she had a ton of Lionheads (of course, hehe)....to be honest....some were just plain ugly. Those ugly ones though, were so sweet and such wonderful rabbits.

In my honest opinion....the ugliest of the rabbits are always the sweetest. Kind of like humans in a way. In school...the "band kids", or "geeks", or "the uncool crowd", or "the gothic kids", or the "ugly/horrible dressed people"....are always the kindest, most true, and loyal people in school. Why? Because no one gives them a chance and always makes fun of them. Notice that the "best dressed" or "most popular" people in school are almost always the nastiest people.

Again, my point....looks are not everything in rabbits. Same goes for humans, horses, dogs, cats, snakes, rats, ect. You need to follow your heart and pick the rabbit that you are most fond of. It seems like you are taking more of a liking to Lionhead #1....go with her, if that is what your heart tells you.

Just don't forget about Pixie, your first baby. Think about her emotions in this case as well. She is probably going to be quite jealous of the new bunny and might take her anger out on you, also because she is going through puberty. I honestly thing Pixie should be spayed before bringing another rabbit into the home. It could really stress Pixie out.

Keep in mind that I am not targeting you. I am telling you my honest and straight up opinions, because honest opinions are important right now.

I really concur with what others have said here... especially regarding these two things:

1. Please get your bun spayed before you bring another one into your house. Get to know her well, spend time with her, let her grow up.

2. Personality is everything.... really. Looks can be fleeting - and deceiving.

If I were in your shoes, here's what I'd do:

a. get your current rabbit spayed.

b. Hold off on getting a 2nd rabbit until your current bun is fully mature. It takes time for them to get through their crazy "teen" stage, and there are no shortcuts.

c. Adopt a nice adult rabbit with a good, friendly personality, preferably a neutered male who is past the teen stage - knowing that he might never bond with the other bun you've got, and with the clear understanding that will provide him with separate housing and just as much care and love as you give to your current bun.

Rabbits are intelligent creatures with strong personalities, likes and dislikes. Before i adopted my bun, i had several conversations with shelter staff about the personalities of various rabbits, and what I was looking for. They were immensely helpful in this process.... And a reputable breeder should be able to assist with this, too. But nobody can guarantee what a baby rabbit will be like as an adult - and there is no such thing as a perfect rabbit.

I honestly believe you and your current bunny will be a lot happier - and better off - if you just focus on her for now.

I voted neither.

Now let me explain why.

You seem to constantly change your mind and are swip-swapping about between what you want. You did it with Pixie, and then the other rabbit, you wanted to rescue a rabbit, and now it appears you are debating which one to choose, again, which shows your heart is not really for either of these buns.

You only got Pixie recently, and now you have a kitten, and are looking at getting another bun. There is part of me concerned that you are getting too much new at once, and also that you might lose interest in them.

You wanted to rescue a bunny before, so why not get Pixie spayed, and fully unhormonal (if that's a word) and then maybe go and have a look at your local shelter, and maybe let Pixie choose the bun and see if the bunny date works. That way you will end up with someone she is happy with, be giving a much loved bunny a home, and doing what you have seemed to want to do on many occassions, which is rescue a bunny.

The kitten is not mine even though it lives in my house. Im done asking you people for help or anything because everytime I do, your all mean and throw in your "knowledge" that you have about rabbits like you know it all. You also bad mouth every breeder I go to. Just someone close my threads please.

Listen, I am not trying to bash you (after all - I couldnt, I dont really know much about the breed - even though I have one) but, when I got Simi, it was because I liked her because she was different from the others (shes got a disqualifying spot on her nose) I didnt care about the mane (though I'd like for her ot keep her mane) but because I chose Simi for her colouring, and looks, we dont have a great bond. She doesnt like me touching her at all, but seems happy enough. Im not saying that me getting Simi was a mistake, but just trying to warn you that if you get one based on looks ,you MAY get along withthe bun great, Or, you could have the type of bond Simi and I have.

Im not even going to vote because this has to be your decision, but they are both very cute, and I would never be able to choose one without seeing them in person, or asking the breeder about how they act :)

Hope some of what I said helps, and not offends :) Good luck :)

SSS

I dont think anyone has been mean to you in this thread, just honest. You have to understand, its frustrating for those of us who love rabbits deeply and care for their welfare. We see so many young girls who trade in their dolls for cute little bunnies and then come on the forum for advice, but they dont seem to ever take our advice.

It seems as though everytime you have asked us for our opinion, you dont follow it. We all told you it would be best to choose an adult rabbit from a shelter so a) it was already spayed and b) you would know its personality better if its an adult. So you went out and brought home a cute cuddly baby and now youre having difficulty with her hormonal behavior. And when you have mentioned bringing in a second bunny we have all advised that you wait until Pixie is spayed and then choose one she will get along with. But you still want a little baby (bought solely based on looks)and you have no clue how that bunny will turn out as it matures.

And you think Pixie is angry/mean now? Wait until she smells another unspayed girl on you.

You just need to realize that all of us care about rabbits deeply. We love them for their wonderful and unique personalities, not solely because of their looks.

We're all frustrated because you ask for our advice and then totally disregard it.

Latest posts

Back