Help me decide

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaded Night Rabbitry

Reaction score
3 of them gotta go, that's for sure. XD
Two siamese sables that carry for sable point, and a rew that HAS to either carry for sable point, or IS non-extension. So either color could be fine. (The rew would be a little more appeasing color wise, but I'd rather have the type.)

The one I like the least (but figured I'd post on here to make sure)
Shaded Night's Snickers.
snickers.jpg

Shaded Night's Rock 'N Roll
HE IS 2 WEEKS OLDER.
THEOTHERWASBGPTHISISROCK.jpg

Shaded Night's Espresso
ROCK.jpg

Shaded Night's Cookies 'N Creme
CNC2.jpg

I'm keeping like, three does from this round, too. XD Oopsies. But I'd rather only be keeping four, rather than five. X.X;

I like Rock N Roll the best. The only thing I would like to see is his ears a touch shorter to balance, but his head may pop and be just fine. :D

yep Rock n Roll, his type looks the best out of the 4.
Yeah its just the ears but hes still young and got lots of devoloping to do.

Rock 'N Roll definitely!

By the way what colour is Espresso? He isn't a chocolate sable is he?

Espresso is a "black" sable, or just a normal one. X3 I don't have the chocolate OR dilute gene in my lines. I've been careful about that.

He's just immature, and has color developing. LOL.

I think, for right now, I'm going to keeping Rock and Espresso back. I think Espresso has the best head.

Julie, I think I agree with you on Snickers. I think he probably has the best top line, and he has a decent body. But I *need* a super nice head. The other three just show more promise to the head at this point. I think the pet home is going to want him, anyway. X.x;

Must be the picture that makes him look so chocolaty or maybe it's me:biggrin:

Silver Star Rabbitry wrote:
Hmmm. I think that Snickers will look really nice once his head comes in. Are they all the same age?

Emily

Silver Star Rabbitry
Raising and Showing Quality Silver Marten Rabbits in North Louisiana.

http://silverstarsilvermartens.webs.com/
http://silverstarrabbitry.blogspot.com/

[email protected]
I can't promise that the head -will- come in. The lines pretty bad with heads... (I'm trying to outcross to find some nice ones soon. T.T;)
The grandsire/sire was has a rather plain head, but the best of what I have.
The dam, and her mom, both don't really have awesome heads. The grand dam (Beatrix) was like, the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Cop, the dam, is better.... But no where near good.

Snickers, Espresso and Cookies are out of the same litter. Rock is two weeks older, and out of two different parents.

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
Two siamese sables that carry for sable point, and a rew that HAS to either carry for sable point, or IS non-extension.
Just noticed this in your first post and wanted to point out that REW can't carry shaded. Incase that makes your decision easier. :)

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
Two siamese sables that carry for sable point, and a rew that HAS to either carry for sable point, or IS non-extension.
Just noticed this in your first post and wanted to point out that REW can't carry shaded. Incase that makes your decision easier. :)
I think she was just talking about the non-extension gene.

leo9lionheads wrote:
OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
Yes, that's what I meant.
It's a pain in the butt for me to get sable points, or create carriers.

So right now, the REW is either
aa B- cc DD ee
or
aa B- cc DD Ee

8D

leo9lionheads wrote:
OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
Yes, that's what I meant.
It's a pain in the butt for me to get sable points, or create carriers.

So right now, the REW is either
aa B- cc DD ee
or
aa B- cc DD Ee

8D

Sounds like me trying to correct some tort color issues with my lionheads, all the really well colored blacks and blues that have the body I am looking for are homozygous extension. So I have to go through the process of breeding for carriers then wait for them to be old enough to breed and get only 1 tort out of 5 kits.

=/ I was playing with them again today. Snickers just doesn't have a head. It's tiny, it's pointy, and it's thin, not only between the eyes, but all through out. He doesn't even have cheeks. o_O;

I'll let him hang around until the bucks start fighting. If he shows any promise between now and then, I'll let him stay until 4 months and make a final decision.

I have a rebreeding baking right now. I want that body on a doe. XD But with such *bad* heads in the rabbitry, I have to keep the best ones I can find. =/ Which still aren't that great.

Latest posts

Back