Help me decide for once and for all

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do raise bew, thank you. I vienna carrier could be refered to as a sport, I suppose. It all depends on what you, personally, wish to call it. You cannot be a bew w/o 2 vienna genes. If you're a carrier, then yes, you carry the gene for it, but you are not a bew because you don't have both of those v genes. As for the rew's and their c gene...it is similar, because if you have inherited 2 c genes from both parents then yo have a rew, (again, both parents have to carry the gene for rew in order to GET a rew, same w/the bew, both parents have to carry it). You don't have a rew sport cuz they carry the gene. they're just carriers. And yes, it's the v gene that gives the blue eyes, but you can't possibly have a bew w/o having inherited 2 v genes, 1 from each parent. And just like the rew's, they are genetically masked and are truely "something else". I had a rew who was a genetic broken black, I have a rew now that's a genetic sable point. Another rew that I ahven't bred yet, so I don't know what he is, and a bew who's a genetic agouti, as was her bew brother that I used to have. And I also had another bew who was a genetic black.:biggrin2:

The REW and BEW are different in their expressions because V is incompletely dominant (heterozygous state allows partial expression of recessive gene = sports), where the dominant C gene is completely dominant over c. That's why we don't have REW sports, but we do have BEW sports (vienna marked, parti colored, piebald, mismarked).

Pam

She's a very rare blue eyed cow-bun :D! Either way she's a beautiful girl and kudos to you for taking care of a special needs rabbit. I have a blue eyed girl myself, she's pure white and looks very similar to yours in body structure. I have no idea what breed she is, but just last weekend a vet tech said that she has Dutch characteristics. Maybe yours does too?

Latest posts

Back