Help me decide for once and for all

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karona

Reaction score
I have speculated for a long time. We guessed when she was little but she grew very slow as she is brain damaged. here are pics of her as she grew

The pics aren't working. By the way, you can't add pics as attachments any longer as the forum doesn't support that method.;) You'll have to use a hosting site, such as Photobucket to add pics.

I'm also thinking this thread should be in the regular forum, but we'll wait to see what the actual question is before moving it to the appropriate area. Are you asking if you should have the bun euthanized?:?:(

I think she's asking what breed/s the bunny is, in which case I have no idea, sorry. She's beautiful, though!:)
Do you have a photobucket account, karona?

Phinnsmommy wrote:
I think Karona already passed on?

I can't tell if she means Chloe or Karona is RIP in her Bunnies section?
I think it's Chloe that passed:(. In her blog she just started, she talks about her, saying "was" and that Karona is doing well;).

Hi sorry the question is in the topic. I am asking what breed you think she is now that she is older. I have been here for about a year and I asked when she was little and we came up with Netherland Dwarf but she definatly isn't that. I will re load the pics (they are on photobucket, must have broken the link when I edited them last night). These are pics of Karona. Chloe is long gone, wasn't on here when I had her.

Also Bo B Bunny I know she is brain damaged because I got her from the shelter where I work and she was very young (about 3 weeks) when she came in. She was brought in by a neighbour of the previous owners. The neighbour was putting out their garbage and they saw the owner put 2 bunnys in a box and put them out with the garbage. They were dropped at the curb. The neighbour brought in the bunnys and we x rayed her and she spin had been injured and she had a bruised brain. We re-habbed her and I decided to keep her. She has a perminate slight head tilt and has little sight in one eye as weel as very bad balance and slow groth.

Anyhow Lets try pics again and you can decide...

1.5 Months

Bunny1.jpg

Bunny.jpg

2-4 months

Bunny001.jpg

christmas014.jpg

bunny111111.jpg

bunny1222222.jpg

6 months

cage003.jpg

cage004.jpg

8 months

litterb002.jpg

dbf003.jpg

She is really very cute! I can't believe someone would do that to the babies. That's so awful!

She looks to me like she might have a bit of mini-rex in her just from her head and body in one of the pictures. Again, I am not good with this stuff so I await Pamnock's evaluation! :D

She's beautiful!! Such a horrible story, I am so glad the caring neighbor brought them in and that you aopted her and gave a her a chance at life. :)

How much does she weigh?

jordiwes- As I said it's very slight and only noticable looking straight on and at her levle. its easy to see on x-rays. Its there but it's VERY slight.

Bo B Bunny- I have gotten that before, she does have unusualy soft fur....

Becknutt- She is now about5 lbs

It's hard to say because she doesn't really meet a specific standard for any breed, and we don't know what breeds are common in your area. She could very well be a back yard breeder's Heinz 57.

Her color is BEW sport. Her body type is compact, and she resembles a Polish and has the finer head of a Polish, but is a little too large. BEW is a variety that is not uncommon in Polish, Netherland Dwarf and Mini Rex, so I'm suspecting she has one of those breeds in her ancestory.

You mention that her fur is "unusually" soft - this could bring Mini Satin into consideration. Polish have flyback coats, but many of the BEW coats I've seen are softer coats.I'm leaning towards a Polish mix.

Pam

There is no such thing as a BEW sport. You're either a bew or you're not. A rabbit w/blue eyes is not the same thing as a BEW/blue-eyed white. Emphasis on the white. they're ALL white. Just like a REW/ruby-eyed white. Other varieties can have red eyes, too, like the himi's.

It'll take a lot more in-depth to explain the bew's and rew's better. Maybe I'll do that in another post, but for now just trust me. As for her breed, I don't know what to tell you, either. I think she could look like a mini rex/polish cross. But I think there may be something else in that mix. She doesn't have the fur of a rex, that's clearly obvious, and her head's quite skinny, but she doesn't look like a purebred polish, either.

Rabbidashery wrote:
There is no such thing as a BEW sport. You're either a bew or you're not.

BEW sports are very common and very well known to those who breed BEWs.

A BEW sport can be cosidered "1/2 BEW" if you'd like to think of it that way. The recessive pure white BEW with blue eyes has 2 copies of the recessive BEW gene (vv). However, In that series, the dominant gene does not completely mask one copy of the recessive BEW gene and often produces parti colored rabbits such as the one pictured (Vv). In some cases, the BEW sport may only give a tiny hint of its true genotype by only showing the expression of a small eye discoloration or small spot in the coat.

The same is not true in Ruby Eyed White rabbits because the dominant nearly completely masks the recessive "c" (although we may not some color dilution in the eyes of REW carriersproducing a ruby glow to the eye.)

Heterozygous Vv Netherland Dwarf BEW sport that we used to own:

ACE22.jpg

Pam

Latest posts

Back