Help introducing rabbit & cat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zipdixie87

Reaction score
Need help on how to introduce a rabbit and a cat. I am spending most of my time at my partners place and would like to bring my 4 yr old female lionhead rabbit to their place but he has 1 yr old male cat unneutered cat. I know my rabbit does not social with other rabbits . I am worried his cat will harm or kill my rabbit. Neither want to part with our pets. Need suggestions or help please

Keep them in separate rooms and slowly let them see each other through a playpen or baby gate. Never allow the cat to nip or paw at the bunny. When they are near one another and behaving make sure you reward them. All 5 of my cats are great with my rabbits and have never had any issues so yours should get along.

Thank for advice, i was a little nervous, i did rescue another rabbit that had been attacked badly by a cat, but going to start preparing and setting up to bring my wee girl to partners place

I introduced my cat to all my pets (2 harmless but large dogs, and a very fiesty cat) through her play pen. Certain times of the day I would open the door to the room my rabbits cage was in and allows the other animals to visit her in her play pen with supervision. The dogs were fine but the cat was very skeptical. As time passed I let them see the rabbit without the pen in the way and had multiple people in the room in case anything happened. They kept their distance bust starting getting along. My cat who used to be the top animal of the household and picked on the dogs is now below the rabbit. They get along but the rabbit does kinda scare her a little.

Latest posts

Back