Help Identifying Breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skydweller

Reaction score
5A65158C-6871-46BB-8D25-7FBB60AE3CDB.jpeg 36595F2A-9E24-4144-88A5-196A2CA8EA6F.jpeg B567596F-2F01-4773-AA07-A10ED609D364.jpeg 8EC6DD0B-7A1F-49A5-9186-FE94EB08BCCF.jpeg Sure never pictured myself having a pet rabbit, but it happened, and I had the sweetest little buddy for just over 8 years. Coco ended up being the perfect pet for a single pilot living alone; very low maintenance and I could leave her for a few days with extra food and water and she was fine, albeit a little more excited than usual to greet me when I returned. She died a week ago. I want to get another but I’m worried it may be hard to find a bunny as sweet, affectionate and cuddly as she was. I want to find one the same or similar breed, personality and size. She was sold as a Netherland Dwarf but I think she is a mixed breed? She ended up being about 4.5 to 5 lbs, which seemed like a perfect size. Not sure if I would want an actual dwarf bunny if they only grow to 2 to 2.5 lbs. She had very soft, fine fur that didn’t lay back down after being fluffed in wrong direction. Any suggestions on what breed or mix she was and what I should be looking for to get another like her?

Sorry for your lost.

She might be a pure breed Netherland Dwarf but didn’t get the dwarf gen which made her bigger.

Maybe a mix but she looks to have netherland dwarf in her. All netherland dwarf bunnies I’ve owned have been cuddly, sweet and affectionate. So it will always be one in the house.

Maybe try to adopt a bunny, meeting them and learn their personalities and pick the one that seem to match what you want.

Bunnies have different personalities and you need to interact with them to find the personality you want.

Because kits are a bit more work, to teach them everything and make them social.

Latest posts

Back