HELP I dont know what to do!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayuri

Reaction score
Since Louis ordeal he seems to have developed seperation anxiety!!

If I go out of the room and leave him he hops to where I was sitting to wait for me to come back. When I went out of the room for litterally 2 seconds I came in and he ran straight to me for fuss and cuddles - I think he needed reassurance!

The problem is - all being well with Grace - I have to go away tomorrow night and leave the buns with someone they dont know for 36 hours! If Louis is suffering with anxiety can I do this?

I am going to go to see Avenue Q in London - tickets were $200 and we booked them in September because its a really special performance as its the final one by the original west end cast - my boyfriend and I are big fans of the show but dont want to see it after this cast leaves.

The plan is that I am going to go at 7.30pm tomorrow and catch the train, which is already booked, and then return Sunday morning. It is a 2 and half hour train ride to London and then 30 mins in the car - I normally take my cat Charlie but should I think about taking Louis instead, although we dont have a cage for him there at the moment and would have to organise something. - he will then have a 3 hour car ride back, which he is used to.

If I take him then Grace will be on her own in a strange house after she has just come out of the vets.

WHAT DO I DO???????????

Do I stay and miss the show?
Do I take him?
Do I leave him behind?

How about having someone stay with them.... just stay at your place? Or hire someone to come in and check on them at least several times per day?

What about the vet's office? is there someone who might want to make some extra cash? our girls at the vets can babysit and bring animals in to the office with them during the day.

My girl cats are staying at home and my best friend, who lives nextdoor is babysitting them BUT she wont look after the buns

Also with all the health problems they have had this week I need someone who knows what to look for and what to do if there is a problem. The lady who is going to take them has 10 rabbits of her own, she also fosters and boards when people she knows needs it. She is very knowledgable and my vet knows her and says I couldnt want anything more for them in a carer. She is also looking after them for free - as after over $600 of vet fees this week for Louis I have NO money - in return I am going to babysit for her little boy.

She cant stay here as she has her own fur babies and a husband and 2 small children. I have TOTAL confidence in her and think she is perfect for them - she is also going to take them for a week for me when Louis is all healed and bond Grace and Louis for me.

To be honest at this point there is no-one else to care for them.

Well, maybe they would be fine - I just feel like when Grace gets home - it would be good for him to be near for some comfort. If it's only for 36 hours - it should be ok but I bet he'll be like glue when he gets back with you.

How's he feeling?

He seems to be feeling fine in himself, eating little and often - not guzzling everything down like he did - and he is drinking and pooing.

I made a fuss of my cat not long ago and he didnt like it and then he tried to examine her and she didnt like that lol

I do wonder if maybe it may do him sort of good to be seperated from me to somewhere nice. If I give in to him he may become clingy and thats not good for him if he gets anxious every time I leave him.

Crys thinks he is now really bonded with me and thats what it is - he never bonded with me before, I was just the one who fed him and put him in his cage so it was a love hate relationship from him

Bambi Sunshine wrote:
Crys thinks he is now really bonded with me and thats what it is - he never bonded with me before, I was just the one who fed him and put him in his cage so it was a love hate relationship from him
That would be me, and yes, that's what I think. He has bonded to her or is in the process, as she saved his life. I think he knows it.;)

I had/have a few buns with separation anxiety, mine get in a panic if they are in a place where they feel I should be, and I'm not there. They look for me and then run blindly if they can't find me,or else sit and face the door waiting for me.

He might be anxious, but you can't rule your life by that (however harsh it sounds) because otherwise you won't be able to leave him at all.

I do agree he has bonded with you. He probably knows that you were there in his hour of need and that's really special to him.

They will both miss you if you go, but just think how happy they will be when you get back :)

I hope the bonding isn't ruined if you leave now!!

Bo gets a bit freaked when I am not around as much. He got depressed over the summer when we were so busy andI couldn't play with him - I really noticed it.

When I let him out he grabs my pant leg and nibbles/grooms and tugs if he wants attention. He'll even try to climb my leg. He's my boy :hearts:

Latest posts

Back