Help Help help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_peter_kraz

Reaction score
I have a pressing question and to worn you Fayedid this about three months ago then just snapped out of it.I needed to get a Britta filter and I did but before I gotthe chance I had to fill the water bottle with tap water.Faye has not touched the water for two days so knowing her so well Iused a syringe and had her put down probably quarter of a cup of water(each night). Iknow shes not dehydrated.I know her personality hasNOT changed at all. I'veseen her tinkle, I well say though she almost overshot the litterbox.Do you ever deal with this? Doyou think its howthe bottle smells after the tap water( we have great tapwater uphere)? Do you thinkI should thought some pineapplejuice down there, see if Itheres anyblockages(inside-pineapple juice)? Please help....

Peter and Faye

Have you tried a crock or little bowl? Sometimes Bo likes to drink from one.

I don't know about not drinking. Bo has ALWAYS drank plenty each day.(8 oz usually)

sounds like you have a picky bunny lol..no plain tapwater for her! we use a crock here too.. pretty easy to fill etc..

and 8oz bo? :shock: wow.. my two buns together dont drinkthat much ina day! but i think they get a lot of theirs fromthe veggies they get..

is your bun eating???? this could be fromchanging her diet, she may have gi stasis lyla just went through that iwould go the the pet store and buy some nutra cal if you put a peasized amount on her paw shell lick it off. also try tempting her withsome wet greens this was the only way i could get lyla to have waterand nutrion for two days also like the others said pineapple juice tholyla want having that i did syringe feed her some tho. i could be wayway off here but just incase hopefully that works for ya!!

tell faye to get better for me

sara

Thanks everyone, I am going to go tothe store tomorrow and get some pineapple juice. She is veryhappy and thanks for your support. She is eating and itsfunny how spoiled she is (but I'll tell you I believe she only wantsBritta water and that what started the whole thing).

Your friend

Peter

Rabbits may indeed show a preference to certainwater. I did see in another post that you feed a lot of freshgreens -- rabbits on a fresh food diet will drink far less than arabbit on a concentrated diet.

Pam

Yep, Spice, most days he drinks 8 oz.I'm really happy about that also. I think it's good for himto drink that much.

Latest posts

Back