Help. He won't eat (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a continuation of the topic on GI stasis emergency or home treatment.
I have more detail of vet trip results on the other post.

Now shadow is taking pain medication, but since his noon appt (it;s now 10:30pm here) !he's only had a couple strands of hay. I've syringed some pineapple juice mixed with ground pellets down. I don't know what else to do?

I hope somebody out there is still awake and on...:pray:

He had some tiny poops around 10:30pm. I gave him the pineapple juice between then and 11:00. He looks like he is trying to go. He did pee a little after that, but he seems worse to me. He seems to be in pain. I did give him some oral pain medicine around 10pm ish.

He's also going in spurts of grinding teeth in pain and raspy sounding breathing. Now he just laid on his side completely with his head back... he seems to be going downhill very fast.

Oh my golly! How could that have happened?? He just died. It was barely 24 hours since he first stopped eating.

How could he have gone so quickly??? Could it have been something else after all?

Thank you. I couldn't imagine it could go so fast.

I'm wondering what to do with him (bunny) now...I'm thinking the vet, for at least his (vet's) own sake, might want to do a necropsy to see what happened. Is it ok to just leave my Shadowfax in room temperature? It sounds so strange to speak of it, but do I need to keep him cold in fridge so they can check him?

Oh goodness, I am SO so sorry :( I can't believe that. It sounds too fast to have been Stasis. So Sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss. If you are planning on a necropsy, do not put Bunny in the freezer. Put him in a large bag in the refrigerator. I made this mistake once. My French Lop, BunBun ate up until the hour she died.

How awful! So very sorry for your loss :pray:

nc_bunnys wrote:
I'm so sorry for your loss. If you are planning on a necropsy, do not put Bunny in the freezer. Put him in a large bag in the refrigerator. I made this mistake once. My French Lop, BunBun ate up until the hour she died.
Yes, I put him in the refridge. I'm still waiting to hear back from the vet.

I'd really like to know, because if it wasn't GI stasis, as I'm thinking, then I'll need to know if it's anything that Sapphire was exposed to too.

I'd like to get another companion for her, but I first need to know she's ok.

Thank you everyone for your support. I feel so bad having lost a bun that I had for such a short time (since March).

Back