Help! Gas? Gurgly noises coming from Kirby this morning

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a dose of Bene-Bac could be enough to treat what was causing the gas, or at least something to try before you go to the vet, in case that's very expensive.

tonyshuman wrote:
I think a dose of Bene-Bac could be enough to treat what was causing the gas, or at least something to try before you go to the vet, in case that's very expensive.

Just gave him a teaspoon of benebac powder ;)Hope that heals what ails him.

I may go to the vet just to be safe. We'll see how he is in the morning and when I come back. I gave my brother close instructions on what he should be doing. Luckily (for me) he has a lot of studying to do so he should be home quite a bit to keep an eye on Kirby.

He looks tired this morning. He was a bunny loaf when I got up at 5:15 this morning. Much like yesterday he had his eyes partially closed. He pooped and peed overnight but left a few pellets uneaten (unusual) and 6 leaves of lettuce untouched (not that unusual, especially since it was earlier than usual). He ate some hay.

I only heard quiet watery gurgles in his tummy. No pops and loud, persistent noises.

Please let him be ok till the slaves come home...

I'll be sending good wishes for both Kirby and Baci Helen. I'm sorry that you have to go away today. Perhaps he's trying to guilt you!

He does not know how to pick up Kirby or really handle him. Nobody does, really... Usually only I pick him up. The best he can do is put the benebac and/or simethicone into a bit of pumpkin.

I gave Kirby about a 1/3 teaspoon of powder benebac this morning.

It's been half a day and I can see on kirbykam that he ate half his greens and most of the pellets so far. He also ate some hay as the basket doesn't look as full as before. That's pretty good, I think.

I have a vet appt scheduled for Monday night.

I'm sure he'll be fine until Monday. It takes a few days to get the gut back to normal, gas bubbles reform, but I still think you have to get to the bottom of the cause, and that can wait until Monday. Enjoy your holiday.

sas :bunnydance:

Hehe sorry for the late update! I didn't want to put something down and jinx it.

Uncle Bunnysitter says he sounded a bit bubbly and gurgly on Saturday night, he gave him one dose of simethicone and Kirby seemed better. He is eating and pooping fine still.

Kirby's daddy took him to the vet this afternoon and the vet found... nothing wrong! Hmm.

She took blood from him, she examined his poops, she felt him all over, listened to his belly, looked at his teeth. She says something may have stressed him, maybe upset him. Maybe something Toby did.:pThe vet was great. She talked to my on the phone while Kirby was there because I couldn't be there with him. She wrote up a letter to make sure I knew her diagnosis (which was "no" diagnosis...).

Well, I suppose it could have been nothing. Kirby is very easily stressed indeed. After today, he's probably going to duck into his condo and not come out for a week :(

I am relieved the vet thinks it is nothing. Makes me wonder but at the same time, still, relieved. What do you think?

tonyshuman wrote:
I bet it was just a bit of gas caused by the stress of missing his mom. :biggrin2:

What a naughty bun. Trying to guilt mommy into not going on holiday. :grumpy:

Truth is I am just glad he is ok. I bet he is grumpy that his little stunt earned him a visit to the vet with needle sticks and everything. :shock:

Latest posts

Back