Help editing a picture please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy27

Task Force
Reaction score
I have a friend at work tomorrow who is putting her dog to sleep. She is devastated. She doesn't have any pictures of her dog except on her cell phone or camera. She has never taken the time to get any printed. I wanted to get this picture she sent to my cell phone made for her and put it in a nice picture frame. But now, looking at the picture it isn't that great. It has a really dark background. I tried to fix it on my picture editing program but didn't have any luck. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to play around with the picture and see if they can make it look better. I would really appreciate it. I want the picture to be something she can put on her desk.

Here is the picture:

untitled.jpg

Thank you to anyone who is willing to play with it. I am not sure when I am going to give it to my friend. I am afraid to give it to her tomorrow or Monday as I feel it will be to soon and just upset it. I have never had to put an animal to sleep so I am kind of lost on what to do to help her. We are also getting her some flowers and a gift card from everyone at work.

the only thing you can do for her is to be there for her. I just put my dog to sleep on Dec 28, and it royally sucks playing god with an animal when you love them. It was horrible to have to do but i had sort of grieved the whole previous month because i knew it was coming, but it is still hard and you have your good days and your bad days, so just be there for her to talk to. I know right after it happened it was easier for me not to talk about it, cause talking about it made me cry and i didnt want to cry, so maybe try to take her mind off of what is going on might help. Hugs to your friend i know how it feels and it is so hard. You are a great friend to do that for her, she is lucky to have you as a friend.

Thanks Stan. That pic looks so much lighter!

Thanks Fran. I am trying to be there for her. I can't imagine how hard tomorrow is going to be for her. She is coming to work and then doing it after work. I just can't imagine how hard it would be to sit there at work knowing what is going to happen in a few hours. Though we are going to try and make the day as carefree and happy as we can.

well here is my try I think it's the best I can get it without reducing the quality overall.
untitled.jpg

Thank you guys so much. Do you guys think it would be okay to give this to her on Monday if she is putting the dog to sleep today (Friday)? I am torn on if I should wait longer. I have never put an animal to sleep and am not sure what the right thing to do. She has pictures of the dog on her screensaver so she will see the dog anyway come Monday. Unless she removes it before she leaves today. I am afraid I will make things worse for her if I give her this on Monday. Should I give her time to start to heal first?

I think it's great that you are doing that for her, I would be so touched if I was in her shoes and it's so nice to feel that people are being supportive!

So sorry to hear about your dog Fran. It made my eyes well up! I can't even bear to think about having to say goodbye to my dogs, it scares me sometimes. Your dog was lucky to have someone who loved him as much as you.

I blacked out the background and put a border on it, incase you like it.

dog1.jpg

dog2.jpg

Thank you Kayleigh. As far as giving her the pic i would have it but just see how she is and when she seems to be doing better maybe give it to her, give her a little time, mayve even a week or two. i am so sorry for your friend, today had to be the hardest day. I know the day before i had to take my dog i just prayed that the day would never end, you just sit there knowing and counting down the hours left.

Thanks Fran for sharing your experience and giving me advice to help my friend. I will play it by ear and see how she is on Monday. I don't know how she got through today at work. Towards the end of the day she wanted to leave early to cuddle with her baby but she wasn't allowed. I felt awful for her. Her dog has been in great pain for many months now so I know this is the best for the dog. I can't imagine how relieved the dog must be to be pain free.

Thanks Kayleigh, those look great. I love the blacked out background.

Latest posts

Back