help! don't know whats wrong w/my baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bummietime

Reaction score
my little tofu's been squeaking/twitching nonstop for 2 days now.... i rushed her to the vet after work today and she stopped twitching RIGHT when we got there!!! what a bum! so the vet couldn't really see what was wrong...everything on the surface looked ok. she started doing it again after we left... so i took a video of it.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm not sure what to do :(

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/cutiepai/?action=view&current=bunnies282.flv

Well maybe she is stressed. Sometimes my bunny makes noises too but not like that.

Maybe she likes to talk to you...... Lassie

Hey Bummie... what vet did you go to?

Hopefully Pam will be around to take a look in a few hours. It beats me! I know I've seem Pipp do that before, briefly, but I don't remember why.

sas

hey sas!! i took her to dr.martinez at arbutus west...where she got her spay
yea...she's been doing that constantly :(
i've separated her from oreo for now (they're still close to each other) so i can monitor her intake of food ...pee/poo

hope she's not in pain :(

Hi I hope your baby feels better soon. Now this may sound like a crazy idea , is their any way you can make a video of Tofu doing the squeaking/twitching? Our vet suggestedthisto us once when we had a concern about Buttercup. Like your Tofu as soon as we got Buttercup to the vet he stopped doing what we were trying to describe to the vet.

Susan;)

haha i actually thought about doing that! so the vet can see that im not crazy :pjk

he said there has been a lot of rabbits with bladder stones... has anyone come across that before?

Do you feel that Tofu is stressed out when she's squeaking like that?

As you know, Baxter makes all kinds of funny noses in his daily living but his are more snoring noises. Wildfire had a lot more squeaks in her vocabulary. If she was getting petted in a way she really enjoyed, she would squeak in rhythm with the petting.

If she doesn't seem to show any other signs of stress or pain, try to observe when she's doing it. Is she doing it when she's relaxed/sleeping? Or grooming?

It is not too unusual for buns to make noises, and that squeak is not out of the normal range.

Keep a good eye on her and maybe write down all the times you see her squeaking and what she is doing at the time. After a few days, you should notice a pattern. Then you will have a better idea of whether she is stressed out/in pain or just making noises.

--Dawn

Zeke makes a similar squeaking sound when I'm holding him and he becomes uncomfortale or scared. He'll only make the sound once and I know to readjust him. I really don't know why a rabbit would do it continually. :? Sorry I'm not of more help.

Erin

hey hey!
sigh, that baxter, what a cutie :)

and thanks everyone for the response

she was squeaking/twitching for 3 days straight... like it was ongoing...it wasn't only when she was doing a particular thing
didnt seem to be in distress....still hopped around, ate, pooped, groomed

and she stopped making the noises today!
so i'll continue to keep an eye on her to see if it comes back at all

thank god this forum is back.... :)

Back