*Help* Crazy Rabbit Story - Found Lost Rabbit!!!!??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Peanut have any unusual markings? Behaviors? Preference as how to be picked up, held? etc. If you could tell the shelter owner, for example that your Peanut has a star shaped brown spot on her rear end, or that when she binkies, she wags her tail, or some other thing, that would go a long way to convincing the shelter that she is your Peanut!

Hi I sure hope it is Peanut, is that her in your Avitar?:heartbeat::heartbeat::pray:

When you said she got out, is she an outdoor Bunny?

Susan:)

Thanks for support everyone.

golfdiva -->> Yes she has a few distinct things about her like her not being picked up (which actually happens to be part of the description on the site!) as well as being basically deaf. I wish i had put the microchip in her except both the vet and I agreed if a rabbit went missing in my area (all woods, lots of wild animals), there would be almost zero possibility for a house rabbit to survive more than a night.

SOOOSKA -->> Yes, Peanut is my avatar. I try not to look at it right now because it makes me so sad. And yes, she is an indoor rabbit but I have a closed off deck on the 2nd floor of my house where she has hopped around her entire life. This particular time she finally figured out how to get out of the gate blockade that has always kept her in. Lesson learned and in the future If everything works out i am going to tractor supply and buying the fencing and building an escape-proof deck.

jujub793 -->> Peanut is my first pet. I would seriously do anything for her and spare no expense to get her back. The happiness she has brought me is priceless. This is a fight I will never give up on.

Update...
Meeting the rescue owner on Sunday. It's frustrating because of anxiousness of the situation that I have to wait almost another week just to visit the rescue, but she doesn't seem to want to budge with that date so I will just have to patiently wait.

Will keep everyone posted with any new details that emerge.

To be continued...

She (know the owner to some degree) works a full time job most of us do. Which is why are adoption/meet and greets are on weekends. This rescue is one that works with ours often.

I wish you the best of luck.:pray: I really hope its peanut. This is a touching story, hope it works out :(

I'd be so sad if I lost my rabbit, I wonder if I'll be able to recognize him if I saw him in a shelter T_T. I can't imagine not recognizing him. Now I want to get identification on my rabbit.:pray:

miumiu wrote:
I wish you the best of luck.:pray: I really hope its peanut. This is a touching story, hope it works out :(

I'd be so sad if I lost my rabbit, I wonder if I'll be able to recognize him if I saw him in a shelter T_T. I can't imagine not recognizing him. Now I want to get identification on my rabbit.:pray:

My girlfriend and I were talking about this and we both came to the conclusion that the best possible thing that could happen is if when we visit the rescue that Peanut recognizes us and runs up to us and doesn't want to leave. That would just be amazing.

As for micro chipping a rabbit - I hope my story urges more people to be proactive in getting some sort of identification for their rabbit just in case situations like mine occur. I sincerely thought that my rabbit was attacked by a wild animal/hawk, and I am still in shock about this entire situation. A microchip would have saved me a lot of time, especially since if anyone brought her into a shelter they would immediately give me a call. If this Peanut, I am going through with the microchip.

For the record, the potential rabbit thieves (innocent until proven guilty, of course), is an 81-year-old man. To be honest, I have a grandfather who is 83, and he would not hesitate to shoot a rabbit that wandered into his yard (shocking, I know, but he has a HUGE garden that he looks extremely hard on and to see animals eat his crops makes him very angry). So I can understand his frustration - but I wish he just came over and even if he yelled at me for my rabbit going over there i would still take that over what happened.

But of course, the above could be all speculation. I'll update once I get a new development.

And of course, thanks for all the support. I sincerely appreciate it. Keep praying!
:pray:

I hope it is Peanut and you get her back, with her new bunnybud.

This makes me feel like I need to take Squish in to see if she is chipped.

It makes me very greatful that my kids came chipped. I thought it was silly, but sent the paper work in anyway to get the info changed to my name. I guess you never know.

I really hope you get your bunny back and the rescue doesn't pull a fast one. I will be praying for your little Peanut.

Id like to point out that the rescue is not at fault, and is following a normal protocol for thier bunnies. I myself hope that this is Peanut but the rescue has done nothing wrong.

JadeIcing wrote:
Id like to point out that the rescue is not at fault, and is following a normal protocol for thier bunnies. I myself hope that this is Peanut but the rescue has done nothing wrong.

This. While I understand that the owner is very concerned about getting their rabbit back (As they should be), the rescue should not be blamed. These sorts of situations come up all the time and it is only rarely that the original owner even cares.

Junkie2 wrote:
If you read closer it the rescue has 2 different breeds listed for the same rabbit. After calling 2 vets they were both semi stumped and had to look back and figure out how to tell rabbits apart once they are spayed/neutered.
I just went back and read this carefully.It is very easy to tell rabbits apart. I actually had a foster who was adopted a to a bondmate that was more or less his twin. Quik look you couldn't tell them apart. Within 20mins I knew who was who and taught the new owner as well.

Kipcha wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:

This. While I understand that the owner is very concerned about getting their rabbit back (As they should be), the rescue should not be blamed. These sorts of situations come up all the time and it is only rarely that the original owner even cares.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply the rescue is going about things incorrectly. They certainly need to check out every applicant to do the right thing by the rabbit, no matter where it came from.

I just worry about why they won't let Justin even see the rabbit before Sunday. It occured to me that they might have a potential adoption already lined up to visit on Saturday. Hopefully the person is just busyin the evenings and onSaturday.

Please let us know what happens Sunday.

pop.gif
caf.gif

I wouldn't lose hope. This year my rescue has returned 3 rabbits to their owners. Bring all the pictures that you can with you. If the person who turned the rabbit in told the rescue where it was picked up and it was in your locale, then that would be more proof. They, understandably, just need to be careful. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Feel free to PM me if there is anything I can do. Good luck!

Back