*Help* Crazy Rabbit Story - Found Lost Rabbit!!!!??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also of you with the animal.

Wow. Good luck! I am begging it is Peanut. That will be such a fairytale ending and I am hoping it so much for you!

Jen

Keeping my fingers crossed that it's peanut :)
I worked in a shelter and we had times where animals stayed their 4 day inpoundment and went up for adoption and then after the animals where adopted the old owners showed up...
The SPCA and pound work together here(SPCA has a contract to care for the pound animals and that way they can pay their staff). Once an animal is done the 4 day inpoundment it becomes SPCA property(before the SPCA got involved they where destroyed). If it is deemed adoptable it is put up for adoption. Several times old owners show up after their dog is adopted, all we could do is call the new adopters and see if they had any problems with their new pet and if they wanted to return the animal we would reuinite with the old owner. Legally once you sign the adoption papers and pay the adoption fees the animal is legally yours. Animals are considered possesions.
I never thought about chipping he Buns, my dogs and cats are chipped.

I sure hope that it is Peanut. Yes a bunch of pictures as well any quirks that she has that you recognize. All animals have different quirks. Most rabbits don't like being picked up. Is she smaller than a normal dwarf lop? That may also help you reunite with her. If I ever lost Sweetie, I would be able to get her back because she is smaller than a Netherland Dwarf, I know her quirks she does when I am around(she only does them around me), and she is a shy little bunny.

I am now thinking that I need to get my bunnies microchipped just in case.

Justin, you have kept all of us waiting long enough.:biggrin2: Please we need to know what the outcome is.

Was it your Sweet Peanut? :pray::pray::pray::pray:

Susan:weee::clapping::nod

Helllllooooo?? Updates please!!!!! :pray:

Junkie2 wrote:
After calling 2 vets they were both semi stumped and had to look back and figure out how to tell rabbits apart once they are spayed/neutered.
It is actually really easy to tell a buck from a doe even if it has been fixed. A fixed buck will still have it's penis.

I am very sorry for the late update. To be honest, It was just very hard to come back to this forum and actually have to type that the rabbit was not Peanut.

Since then, I have been scouring the web, spending countless hours emailing different rescues and shelters across the east coast that have rabbits that look somewhat like Peanut.

Unfortunately, I am extremely saddened and disappointed to report that as of now the trail has run dry. I have diverted so much energy into finding Peanut that I have neglected many of my own responsibilities and it is becoming very difficult for me to maintain a healthy relationship with those around me because of my intense searching which has been at least 2 hours per day for the past week.

thanks you again for all of the support from everyone here - I can honestly say that I dont think anyone else truly understands how much a rabbit can mean to a person other than a forum like this.

The search has not ended and I have sent pictures and detailed information to local rabbit rescues, etc with the promise to hear back if they get any new leads.

Please keep Peanut in your prayers as I miss her so much and I can honestly say a piece of me is missing along with her.

Thank you again for all of the support. It has definitely made a major impact in helping me through this difficult time.

Justin

AWW, sorry to hear that Justin :( I hope you do find her!!!! Maybe if you put up signs around your neighborhood of Peanut, some neighbor may confess to keeping your rabbit.. I can imagine a child taking in Peanut. But you done a great job and did all you can do. Peanut is lucky to have an owner like you! Wish you the best of luck...and thanks for updating us

*hugs*

So sorry Justin, I'd really hoped that your prayers had been answered. I just want to say that through Peanut you "found" bunnies and know now what a joy they can bring to your life, Although you and Peanut may never be together again what she taught you will last a lifetime.

Latest posts

Back