HELP!! Crazy Craigslist psycho is back!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I flagged it thats all you can do. Don't respond she sound like a problem waiting to happen.

They can trace your email back to your address if they really want to.

You have done what you can send the SPCA another email. And just have everyone flag it.

Thank you. I flagged it several times myself. I am trying to find a way to contact craigslist about her, and see if they can ban her for this. I doubt it would happen, but it would make me feel better, knowing that at least one avenue is shut off from her.

I posted this in a similar thread about somebody advertising 4-week-old bunnies. And honestly, publishing a post for all to see is a better bet than emailing the poster.

And safer! You can avoid giving the nutbars your email address!

Pipp wrote:
I'd actually post this instead:

Re: Easter Baby Bunnys - (georgetown)

Rabbits sold this young will have an under-developed GI tract and a compromised immune system. They may not survive past eight weeks and if they do, they can health problems their entire lives. This $8 is bound to buy vet bills and heartache. In a number of states its illegal to sell baby rabbits younger than eight weeks old.

If you're a responsible breeder, you'll leave them with their mother another few weeks. If you're a responsible buyer, you'll walk away from animals being sold this young.
I'd honestly like to see EVERYBODY post more bunny care responses like this one on Craigslist. Its a very good tool. You can tailor every post so its a response or a 'caution' like the one I wrote above.

Or just post one titled 'Easter Bunnies' and warn people of the dangers of buying rabbits too young. Add other info and please tell them to join rabbitsonline.net for more info.

Also, every time I see an ad for a small rabbit cage, I'll post a responding notice saying that the cage is too small for a rabbit, adding the information about cube shelving cages, the importance of multi-levels, 'hidey' boxes and flooring with traction.

(I saw a litter of three rabbits born and raised on a plastic pet store cage floor, they all have badly splayed legs, one just flops around on her tummy. :()

Try and educate, but within the Craigslist rules.

sas :bunnydance:

Okay, I just posted this there:

Re: Baby Bunnies

Rabbits are being sold very young at this time of year, some are only four weeks old -- the 'super cute' age. But babies this young will have an under-developed GI tract and a compromised immune system. They may well not survive past eight weeks and if they do, they are very likely to have health problems their entire lives. In a number of states its illegal to sell baby rabbits younger than eight weeks old.

For the sake of the rabbits and your future vet bills, please choose older rabbits! (And please do your research, unscrupulous breeders and pet stores will tell you they're older than they are).

Pip, she responded:

I have lots of baby rabbits who are in need of a good home. Very healthy. Please do your research on proper rabbit care, spay neuter, housing, diet, ext for they will not just go home with anybody.

And to the people who keep emailing me and telling me I'm doing something wrong, get a life. How dare you try to say I'm in the wrong, I'm trying to find the best homes possible for these rabbits and thats wrong? You won't email me though you post adds trying to act like you know what your talking about but in all honesty you have no idea. You people are just really bored with liturally nothing better to do and Im sure Im the millionth person you've harrassed, just within the hour! Put your energy towards something possitive. Now stop so I can find these babies a home and go worry about important matters like animal abuse or the billions of other issues that effect our country negatively.

For you that are actually interested and will provide a good home for them you can contact me at 732-618-5070 Thank you

I just posted this as well,

To those who are thinking of buying a baby bunny this Easter, please know that buying a cute little bunny is a long term commitment. Rabbits can live up to 12 years of age, and are prone to more health problems than a dog or cat, if not cared for correctly. The bunny you get may be healthy now, but can get sick easily, and their care can be more expensive because they are considered exotic by many vets. Also, buying a bunny under the age of 8 weeks old is considered illegal, and those who sell them are breaking the law! Please see attached link from the ASPCA for more information about this law.

http://www.aspca.org/fight-animal-cruelty/lobby-for-animals/state-animal-cruelty-laws/arkansas.html

If you are still serious about getting a bunny, please do your research. Rabbits are social animals, and need to be loved. They are not like a hamster or a small rodent, to be left in a cage alone with no companionship. They require much more attention and care. Please read the attached link from the House Rabbit Society and go to www.rabbit.org to learn more about these cute and wonderful pets. Thank you.

http://www.rabbit.org/easter/flyer/flyer2.htm

Thank you Pipp, and everyone for helping me in this! You guys are awesome!! :biggrin2:

I think everything's been done that can be done. People like this lady are stubborn, and they will not relent. It is really sad, because these babies may go to a good home, but they may die or become sick because they are too young to be away from their mother. I feel sorry for the poor saps who buy these little ones because they think they're cute and are good for kids. And if they're cheap, that's even better! (sarcasm). Anyway, I don't think anything else can be done. If the buyers have not done their research, and have not headed the warnings posted, then they deserve to lose their money.

It's in the hands of the authorities now. They have been notified multiple times. Now it's their job to do what's right.

Yeah, I agree. I have decided to stop looking at CL for now. It just upsets me too much. So I will just cuddle Tupper, and pray for those little boo buns. :tears2:

I hope the authorities do something!

Lets all just pray for nothing but good things for these bunnies..

Cuddle those buns tight ya'll

lovebunnyok wrote:
Yeah, I agree. I have decided to stop looking at CL for now. It just upsets me too much. So I will just cuddle Tupper, and pray for those little boo buns. :tears2:

Some folks just don't get it.:(

I am off to my rabbitry to socialize with my own buns... there is more to life than turning adollar and unfortunately this "expert" selling on Craigs List does not have the knowledge the rabbits themselves provide... and too sad her conquest of a dollar doesn't make her see the whole picture.

Just my two cents... take it or leave it on the sidewalk. :biggrin2::bunnydance:

Denise

Latest posts

Back