Help crazy climbing jumping bunny !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stang-girl13

Reaction score
My baby bunny 15 weeks old is being a bad girl ...she jumps outa her play pen ....she jumps over the card borded we put up blocking the kitchen ..our aprtment tiny an bf has huge couch that we have to put in coroner at angle an there huge hole behind it well now shes trying to jump down there an its a long jump woried she will hurt herself idk what to do getting fustrated !

1395322412827.jpg

1395322445617.jpg

1395322480417.jpg

1395322500166.jpg

Thats just her play pen and we are ganna make a top for it !! But her jumping over couch is the worst she can get really hurt

Maybe cut a long piece of cardboard to the exact shape of the area that's behind the couch, and temporarily tape it to the wall so she can't get back there

For the play pen, I would simply cover it with a blanket, sheet, cardboard and secure it to the pen. Or cover the top with nic panels and secure those.

To keep her out of the kitchen you could put up a screen door making one yourself if the doorway is an odd size, get a tall baby gate although if she is small enough you would also have to attach something to the bars of a baby gate so she can't squeeze through. Or build a tall gate yourself using nic panels.

For behind the couch if you can simply place something back there that fills the space well and then lay a large piece of cardboard or some stiff material across it.

Thanks pagal shes being so naughty to day testing my limits she than decided to play hide n go seek w me I almost had heart atack I couldnt find her in the small room !

You should just flip it upside down. Where the Mat is on top. And there's a ceiling right there.

We used plywood pieces and lots of cardboard boxes to barricade areas-it's a process too as bunny proofing is a series of attempts before complete success can be achieved. We also had three that were climbers, so wire barricades slowed them but not much.

I really feel for you, I know just what it's like to have a bunny who thwarts your every attempt at bunny proofing. For the back of the couch I would try stuffing something in the hole so it's not so deep as covering the top if your bunny is anything like my Gandalf would exult in them using it to sit on and breaking it. Also never underestimate the power of training - every time your bunny gets back there put her in her cage straight away sort of like a time out. That way they will associate jumping back there with having their freedom taken away. This worked for stopping Gandalf jumping on the shelves where my DVDs are in an attempt to reach his food. after a week or so he stopped and hasn't tried again.

I have been useungq time outs it seams to be working ...shes a litle angle one day an nxt shes a litle terror I dont get it shes like a dang two yr old lol

:roflmao: I am new to rabbits and it has amazed me how cat like Doc Wilbur is, he loves to climb onto the window ledges and lay there looking out. Before I got Doc Wilbur I bred birds so I had all these huge nestboxes that were still in near new condition so I altered them for bunny use and now he climbs in, on, around them all the time and I have positioned them near his favorite window ledge so he can just step onto the ledge and lay down (saves my wall from being scratched in his attemps to get up there).
Your bunny likes small safe spaces (as do they all) perhaps you could make some play tunnels/castles out of cardboard boxes so she can occupy herself in there rather than finding her own? Plus it's heaps of fun making them,you can be as elaborate as you want:thumbup.

cheers shooni

Latest posts

Back