Help convincing my husband we need another bunny...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnybunnymummy

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
So, as some of you know, my husband is not a big bunny fan, but I desperately want to get Gus a girlfriend. Going to the VRRA Rabbit Festival on Saturday didn't help, either, as we putGus in the playpen and he wasso well behaved with the other bunnies!

So, even though I shouldn't be, I've been "window shopping" on Petfinder and Craigslist. I've found a couplepossiblegirlfriendsthat I would LOVE to take home (actually I've found a LOT of bunnies I'd like to take home, but I'm trying not to get carried away!). I even inquired about a sweet little bunny at the Surrey SPCA.

Trouble is, I haven't breathed a word about it to hubby. I know he's going to say 'no'.

Any suggestions on how to convince him that we need another bunny?

Thanks!

Rue

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission, so just get one and tell him you are keeping her :p

Keep working on him. Take him places like rescues if you can. If you share a computer, 'accidentally' leave up pages from petfinder so he can see them. Keep mentioning it to him so it is always there. Also mention that a bonded pair is not that much work compared to a single. Yes there is more food and a bit more litter, but it is still one cage to clean. The only thing that could be an issue is the vet bills.

Does he have a favorite kind of bunny? When I convinced my mom that we needed a rabbit she agreed, but only if we got a Dutch because those were her favorites.

Oh, I like the idea of bunnysitting a pair! Anybody local want to lend me their bunnies while they go away on "holidays"? ;)

I don't think he necessarily has a favourite kind of bunny. Maybe one that likes to cuddle with him on the couch and doesn't view him as a competition for my attention? :p

I REALLY don't want to just go ahead and get a bunny, though. I still haven't been entirely forgiven for bringing Gus home. So I don't want to go that route again. I really would rather have his permission first.

Thanks so much, guys! :)

Rue

funnybunnymummy wrote:
Oh, I like the idea of bunnysitting a pair! Anybody local want to lend me their bunnies while they go away on "holidays"? ;)
*cough* you can come take my demon.... sorry I mean angels any day you want for as long as you want. :haloYou can take a few dogs, cats and birds when you take the rabbits as well, then he would have to appreciate 2 bunnies VS and entire zoo ;)

I don't know what kind of space you have, but I've read the giant breeds are much more cuddly than any other. I've seen that already in Lady but she's a baby still.
I just convinced my husband to let me get a second by explaining how it was better for Samson, how although she gets enough human affection, it's like going to another planet and not being able to speak to anyone in your own language ever.
But I agree with you, don't just get one and then ask forgiveness, that's not how a partnership should work.

I would agree, going and just getting a bunny would be a recipe for disaster.

Would he just go with you to a shelter and look at some of the buns? It's a lot harder to say no when the bunny is right in front of you.

OMG, Kuniklos, you made me laugh out loud! Hahaha! Somehow I don't think that would go over well. :p

Watermelons, I'll be right over. What's you address? ;)

Kipcha, I know. I have a feeling if we could just introduce him to the "right" bunny, he'd changed his mind!

I suppose there's always begging...:pleaseplease:

Rue

Who can say no to watching 2 bunnys clean each others faces and give kisses to each other, and protect each other :p

Dont tempt me I will send them to you! Take them take them please!

CrashmeetsBunnys025.jpg

i agree with above...easier to ask for forgivbeness than permission! and put some mud on her side and maybe hell feel bad and say youll keep her till you make her healthy and find a new home...but if she bonds with gus you cant rehome her! it would break his heart!!!

I dont know what youre talking about Rue. I simply think i need a few months to re-stock my electricle tape supply :p

But in all honesty, you're welcome to borrow them, or come visit the demons so he can see a pair interact.

I think borrowing them for a weekend would work best, since we can pretend I'm just bunny-sitting. ;)

I've got a NIC pen (3 grids high) I can set up in the dining room here for them. You'd just need to supply their litter box, food, dishes,and whatever comforts from home they're used to.:)

Rue

Latest posts

Back